Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Internal skin - some buttons unavailable (cause errors)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When the {internal} skin is chosen, it still has Layout and Mode buttons, with options to choose a 4 deck or 6 deck skin and Mouse or Touch mode.

None of these options work, and result in an error message when selected.

They should either work as expected or should not be present on the skin.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 6:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cant reproduce it here. Loading the internal skin, the top menus provide the correct skin on selection.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 6:25 am
Hmmm.....have I broken something then?

Where does that skin come from? I still have the VDJ 8 default.zip in my directory and choosing that, it works correctly.

It's just the {internal} one that causes the problem.

Could it because I have my virtualdj8.exe in a folder called VirtualDJ8 and not VirtualDJ? Everything else seems fine.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 6:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The exe file can be anywhere. It wont matter. What it may matters though is the installation folder. Is that /VirtualDj and the skins also in there or those differ ?

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 6:50 am
OK I have solved it. It's because I changed the name of the skin to VDJ 8 default.zip

But then - if it relies on the zip file being present & being correctly named, why/how does it load the 2 deck view, but not the 4/6/touch?

[later] so the 2 deck part is built in (doesn't need the zip) but the 4, 6 and Touch views do need the zip - so if it's not there or renamed, those options don't work.

This does mean that you could rename your own choice of skin to be the default, and VDJ will use that (even the 2 deck part if manually selected) - but it also means that the initial problem is still there...

Why is only the 2 deck skin actually internal? Why isn't the whole skin internal? Why does only part of it rely on the zip file? The whole thing should be internal.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 7:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Synced post please ignore

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 7:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)