Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon MC-3000 Random Freeze & Closing after latest update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There , I have been using VDJ8 since its release and had hardly any issues until tonight (latest update)
Halfway through my gig the right deck became unresponsive and would not work so i had to restart the software, it then worked ok for another hour until the software completely stopped halfway through a track , obviously this was quite embarrassing but managed to cover it by talking a bit and rebooting the software again ... it worked ok for the rest of the night but obviously im a bit hesitant to use it again .... same thing happened last night to my friend with the same controller , hoping its just a bug in the latest update because it did not happen in previous versions ..... anyone else have the same issues ? or know any option tweaks to improve

i was using the impressive BLACKSHEEP HD Skin

Many Thanks

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 8:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, a track was playing on left deck, and you tried to load something on the right one ?
Sound kept going from the other deck ?
You could control left deck and mixer, but not the right deck from your Denon ?

If that happened when you loaded a track on either one or the other deck, do you recall if it was a specific track (that it could help you to reproduce the issue), or maybe a Content Unlimited track ?

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 9:40 pm
no i was playing a song on the left deck and had already loaded the right deck , however when i came to cue the next track to mix it would not play , the whole controller became unresponsive , i tried to use the mouse to start the track and it did not work , the whole skin froze and i had to restart , the 2nd time it failed the song just completely stopped halfway through and again i had to restart.

same thing happened to my friend the day before when i went to his gig with him using his pc and his version of VDJ8 (same build)

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 10:30 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
to same with mc-6000 (sound stop - right deck )

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 6:32 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have a DN3000, DN6000, and a DN6000MK2 and haven't really seen any of these issues, however if you can determine some repro steps, I'd be more than happy to try and help.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 12:05 pm
i cant really reproduce it as it is a random crash but it always seems to be the right deck that crashes apart from the one time the whole software just stopped suddenly halfway through a track

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:07 am
has anybody else with the same controller had this issue ?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 7:07 am
Been using VDJ8 w/MAC and my Denon MC 3000 since the release and had no issues with the controller. As of last night can NOT get the MC 3000 to link up (mapping?) correctly with VDJ8.....HELP?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 12:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)