Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: No Master Effects on External Mixer Setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've always wanted master effects and now it's here...... But;

Master FX doesn't seem to be working when using an external mixer setup.
I soon realized that master FX only work on the master deck. Is there a way to apply an effect that gets applied to both Left Deck and Right Deck 2 simultaneously?

My sound is mixed through a Pioneer mixer because I require discrete outputs.
Also, when I use a standalone setup like the Denon MC6000, I use the internal features of the hardware to do the mixing... not the pc.
However, it's the same scenario.... Can't apply 'master effects' because only Left Deck and Right Deck output is used. if I want to equalize 10 or 30 bands, I'd have to do it for each deck.

In short, I would like to apply some Effects to both Left and Right deck but still keep discrete channel output and keep my 4 slots for FX available for other things...

It would seem like this would need to be an option. ???

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Short answer... Nope

If you dont have Master, then you dont have effects on Master.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You could do it but it would mean sacrificing (at least) a button on your controller, or a keyboard key.

deck 1 effect_active 'effectName' & deck 2 effect_active 'effectName'

If you use the eq effect pretty much all the time you could add the basic profile to the onint but you'd have to tweak each deck separately.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:02 am
Yeah, I get all of the above. But, my environment changes. Hence, it would be a big pain in the butt to make these changes all the time :-(
I need to be able to adjust on the fly without sacrifice.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above, if you don't have a master channel then you can't apply a master effect.

Applying the same effect to both decks simultaneously will not necessarily give the same result as though it was applied to a master channel.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)