Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: A way to Delete/Remove Sample from Side list

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi everyone-

Here's a good one for yah...

This morning I was playing around with my controller and while the pane focus was in the sampler pane, I accidentally hit LOAD to Deck 1. So the highlighted sample showed up as a track ready to play. No wanting this, I loaded another song onto Deck 1 and as expected, the sample was ejected from the deck and moved to the sidelist. So far so good.

Now for the curious part.

I can't seem to delete the sample from the sidelist. Whenever I click on the sample, the dialog box to open the sample editor is the only option.

I look forward to a fix. Thanks again guys.

Great work!!

In using a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Screen shot:

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yeah, we should probably offer a few more functions for rightclick when a Sampler is in some Songs/automix/sidelist Lists. For now you can simply click on that Sample in the Sidelist and press the DELETE key on your keyboard

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 7:02 am
how about making it a setting in the configure so we can select the side panel what we need or want.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:44 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the respond djdad-

For some reason the delete idea dosen't work for me. My solution till a fix was to go into options:

set: removePlayedFromSidelist to YES

set: historyDelay to 5 secs (The sample was 9 sec)

Load sample onto a deck, press play. Gone in 5 sec.

Don't worry over this fix as this was a one off kind of thing. I'm not likely to do that again.

Again, thanks for the reply and everything else.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 5:30 pm
Wannabe1 wrote :
set: historyDelay to 5 secs (The sample was 9 sec)

Just to clear that option - HistoryDelay is the time you have to play/preview a song before it is saved in your play-history. Not related to the length of a song in any kind.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
In a way it is related to the sample/ song.
If the sample is a "one-shot", and therefore not looping, it would never be removed with the default 45 sec historyDelay when the sample is only 9 sec long.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 3:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)