Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon SC-2000 (no LEDs on cues)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Finally doing the rollout of v8 on my system. In my home studio I have 2 SC-2000's and an X-1600 mixer. Got it all hooked up but I'm noticing a few oddities in how some of the LEDs are responding. Basically, the hot cue buttons remain dim whether or not a cue is assigned to them. They work as expected, just no visual indication.

Not a major issue I realise, but annoying as hell! :- ) Hope it can be addressed as they worked in v7.

Next task, getting the VCI-400 working (apparently my mapper is not v8 compatible). Wish me luck...

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:20 pm
I actually addressed this issue within a few days of the release, but with the 3700s. Sometimes the cue buttons on my deck light up but don't show up on the program.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try this ..
Goto Config->Controllers tab and select the SC2000 from the top -left list.
Scroll down through the Keys list (middle one) till yo reach the end of it.
Add a new Key ..choose LED_CUE1 from the drop down list and in the Action field , write ..
hot_cue 1 ? on : off
Does it work that way ?

If you simply map the LED_CUE1 as ..
on
does the LEd light up ?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:42 pm
Well - it sort of worked, and then it generated a blue screen of death (pool call error?). Rebooted, tried again, same blue screen after about 10 seconds of very choppy audio.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 4:21 pm
djoddity wrote :
Well - it sort of worked, and then it generated a blue screen of death (pool call error?). Rebooted, tried again, same blue screen after about 10 seconds of very choppy audio.

I find it funny you mention the "blue call error". I used to get that all the time in 7.3/7.4, then it returned when I downloaded VDJ 8. I don't understand what it is, but I know VDJ is the first program ever to cause my PC to have that happen.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:34 pm
Please ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on each SC2000. Earlier versions of the SC2000 had an issue with freezing on some systems but this would not normally cause a blue screen of death.

If you get blue screens of death then there is a serious problem with your system. This is most likely a driver or hardware issue. Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for all hardware in your system. Also, check the air vents and fans in your system to ensure that they are not clogged up with dust which may be causing overheating.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:35 am
I also suspect a driver issue, but as there has never been so much as a hiccup until the install of 8, clearly there is something with how a driver is interacting with v8. As the issues seem to be cropping up with my Denon gear and not my Vestax gear, my first thoughts are the Denon drivers - but I'm open to suggestions on how to trouble shoot this and track down the specific issue.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 9:25 am
VirtualDJ v8 has new capabilities that v7 did not have such as ability to use higher bit rates/sample rates, a more advanced skin engine and more extensive use of video hardware acceleration (Depending on features of your graphics card.)

You should try to eliminate what may be the cause, e.g:

• Try VirtualDJ v8 playing MP3's only through your computer's built-in sound card with no external hardware connected.
  • If this is OK, do the same again, but this time also play videos.
  • If you play karaoke, do the same again, but this time also playing karaoke files.
  • Connect a Vestax controller only and test using it via it's built-in sound card.
  • Connect a Denon controller only and test using it via it's built-in sound card.

If all the above were OK except the Denon controller, then the issue is with the Denon controller. Check to ensure that you have the latest and/or correct driver installed as well the latest firmware loaded on the controller. Also, try replacing the USB cable.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)