Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: When auto-updating is not enough...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I know there has been issues in the past with the skin, where we have been told we needed to download the full version again instead of taking the auto-updates since there was parts of the app (skin, etc.) that could not be updated within the 'auto' process.

Can I ask that the folks at VDJ kindly let us know when we need to download a complete build again?
(Perhaps in the release notes that DJDAD posts?)

Thanks!

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 1:18 pm
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking for the link, I was asking for more guidance on when we should download a full version rather doing the in-app update.

Is the unwritten rule download the full version each time a public release is made, and update in-app to the betas?

Thanks!
Drew

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:41 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I doubt the full version works any differently than the auto-updated version.. I use the auto-updated version since I first downloaded the program.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:49 am
As mentioned in the first post, some things included with the main download are not updated via the auto process.

The other inconvenience is that you can't install the main download unless you uninstall the previous one, whereas the auto process just overwrites the file(s).

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:57 am
Sometimes, we just need to make a decision, on our own. We have options here, get the auto update, or get the new release. The inconvenience of uninstalling, is what, 60 seconds? You have a choice, pick which ever one you feel like, at that moment.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 1:05 pm

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:29 pm
That is what I was exactly eluding to. I don't downloading a new build, just want the guidance to do so.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)