Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Touchwheel scrolling in reverse direction

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
When the song is playing in reverse direction (VDJ script action : reverse) the jogwheel is also in reverse.
When you are playing normal, using the touchwheel clockwise the song goes forward and counter-clockwise the song goes backwards. As it should.
When you are playing reverse, using the touchwheel clockwise the song goes backwards and counter-clockwise the song goes forward. This is wrong.

The graphical representation follows this behaviour, so when in reverse mode it spins the other way on screen then what you are doing on the controller.
In VDJ7 no matter the direction of the song playing using the touchwheel clockwise would always make the song (and graphic) go forward.

I was unable to find a setting for this. It could probably be fixed with editing the VDJ script action that checks for the direction the song is played ?

Note : I am using the EKS XP10 controllers with the internal device definition and mapping.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Agreed. Reporting.

In the meantime you can have...
reverse ? param_multiply -1 & touchwheel : touchwheel

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 4:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just out of curiosity I tried pitch bend when in dump mode and that works in backwards fashion too, - speeds it up + slows it down

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 7:17 pm
sorry for the delay, but I can confirm that using the script line is working.
Reverse play now also reverses the jog direction.
This script should be added to action associated with the mapper KEY : JOG

Note : default action in VDJ 8.0.1910 still is wrong :-)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)