Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: I lost almost all my analyzed file informations on the last V8 Mac Build 1872.709 !!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I lost almost all my analyzed file informations on the last V8 Mac Build 1872.709 !!

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the update doesnt mess with your database. It is just replacing the executable file.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:46 am
All my analyzed files from different folders over the past 7 years are gone! I discovered this last night. most of the content of those folders after so so many years showed up as never been analyzed files! a great deal of files simply appeared to be missing for no apparent reasons.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:50 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
You mean about you external Disc or do you handle with internal disk your tracks. Could you check The date when was modified your database. Perhaps will be helpful yo know what happen with.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:56 am
It' s an external Drive. The disk was never modified. How do you check the date when external disk was modified the database?

I just tried the V7 and the folders and their contents showed up as analyzed as before, but not so in V8 the latest build for Mac!

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 12:17 pm
Just to understand what happened here.. how exactly did you update your software to build 1872 ? Did you receive a notification that an update is available once you launched VirtualDj 8 and clicked Yes to the prompt question, or did you try to install the new build from the Download center ?

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 12:33 pm
Received a notification that an update is available while VirtualDj 8 was on and I clicked Yes to the prompt question. That was how.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 12:54 pm
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Check The database.xml modification date located on root of your external harddrive.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 1:47 pm
How do yo Check The database.xml modification date? I am using a Mac.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:08 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Right click the file and click get info.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 6:53 pm
launch your vdj 8 with your external harddrive attached. then locate your hard-drive using vdj8. play some track from your external hard-drive and it will goes automatic or recognize database. another one. go to your external the add data search

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 8:22 pm
I have tried all these different techniques you guys have suggested to remedy the problems with no luck. I have also recently color code a bunch of files from different folders which no longer show the color codes. I have so many folders which were manually and properly analyzed and properly organized for the past 5 years. None of these stuffs are no longer showing in the latest built!!!

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 10:38 pm
I am forced to go back and use V7 again!

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:01 pm
If for any reason, the database and the associated folders of version 8 were deleted or moved, you can still let version 8 to recreate them.
Simply delete the VirtualDJ folder you will find in your External Hard Drive, and launch Version 8.
If for some reason the existence of ver 8 database in the C drive is blocking that, delete also the database.xml file in C:\..\Documents/VirtualDJ and the Folders folder in the same path.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 8:47 am
I may have a problem being able to identify the V8 folder in the external drive, because I usually save VirtualDJ folder found in the document folder on the external drive.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 11:42 am
djdad wrote :
If for any reason, the database and the associated folders of version 8 were deleted or moved, you can still let version 8 to recreate them.
Simply delete the VirtualDJ folder you will find in your External Hard Drive, and launch Version 8.
If for some reason the existence of ver 8 database in the C drive is blocking that, delete also the database.xml file in C:\..\Documents/VirtualDJ and the Folders folder in the same path.

That solution works somewhat to certain degree. Thank you all for all the help! After manipulating and testing I got almost all my files back to the way they were for so many years. What I have lost thru all of this ordeal, is the track color codes and just a few very recent files! I am breathing once again!

I used to just clone my external drive as a back up. Nowadays, after the cloning process is done the clone drive when opened with V8 does not work anymore like it used to work in V7!!

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 1:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)