Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 in Tablet Mode does not fill the screen properly at 1024x768

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes the Tablet skin can only fill a 16:9 screen fully. The Browser part is usually resized automatically in other skins, in order to fill the rest of the screen height, but in this it is prevented as other elements/panels share the same area, so they would look "distorted" if a resize could take place there. So for screens that dont follow the 16:9 ration you will have to use the skin to non-maximized mode.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 9:22 am
I already have the skin in "non-maximized mode" (as you can see in the picture above) and the issue is still present, also the skin cannot be resized, so I cannot see the Windows Task Bar either.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 9:50 am
Ah yes i see now what u mean. Yes, it should at least allow you to resize that proportionally. Ok, i ll report and we ll provide a solution.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:00 am
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:37 pm
Well, what you have done is more or less to get rid of the breaklines (as the 0 and the negative pixels you used dont do anything), so you will be probably get all the low panels not properly displayed, which may be a solution for you, but a nasty workaround for others.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 3:50 pm
No, I assure you it works! I did originally just take out the breaklines but put the code back in for clarity. There's no distortion.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 4:22 pm
then you got an empty gray area at the bottom

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 8:33 pm
Yes, but this appears to be the default behaviour as the original poster pointed out, but at least the browser uses the extra space as it should, it doesn't really bother me that the other panels only use half the space below the decks, unless there could be a way to put 2 panels at a time in this space! It is more important to me that I have a decent sized browser. Obviously the designer of the default skin could do the same in a more scaleable way so that all resolutions could have full screen use. Most of the skins so far are unuseable at 1024x768 - I have been using a 2 page skin adapted from one by djjb which has much bigger elements for touch use - it works on VDJ 8 but I need more info to adapt it to the new xml format and add extra functions. Bring on the documentation! Thanks for all the hard work!

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:15 am
I just wish Atomix would realise that making all new skins at 1920x1080 does not suit everyone, that many people use lower resolutions & screens which aren't 16:9 and that the new VDJ resizing is not a great solution.

Skins still need to be made in different resoultions, so that nothing is being resized. So that every graphic and text looks pin sharp and is legible.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:37 am
Groovin, you keep posting the above request/comment every time a skin related topic is raised. But i am afraid that this time, you post if way off topic.
The issue here is not the 1920x original selected ratio for the Tablet skin, but the way the maximized feature is disabled on order to avoid resize and distorted/unwanted graphics. Keep in mind that the nature of the touchscreen skins was always an issue when it comes to resize for obvious reasons. We had to pick a ratio to build the touchscreen/tablet skin, and i think that everybody would agree that in nowadays the 16:9 is by far the most popular one.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 8:41 am
djdad wrote :
every time a skin related topic is raised.

No, not every time. Sometimes I do, if it's relevant to what's being discussed - which it is.

I'm not "way off topic". The post above mine refers to "most skins so far" being unusable at 1024x768 (which is 4:3).

I would say that you (Atomix) didn't "have to pick". You could have made two - one 4:3 and one 16:9.

VDJ still supports XP so it should also still support older screen sizes and ratios.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 9:42 am
btw, Tablet Mode also does not fill the screen properly at 1280x1024

see the picture: http://i60.tinypic.com/2wbs4n7.jpg

seems the bug affect all 4:3 screens, and probably 21:9 screens too.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:25 pm
As already told in one of my previous replies, this cannot happen. The area of the browser is used from other panels as well, with buttons, sliders etc. So it cant be resized, as the elements would be stretched in order to fill the entire area.

And just to put an end on this thread, the "issue" can only be resolved if a Tablet skin is offered for 4:3 or other ratio. I am not sure that the Default skin will ever include one in the near future, as the 16:9 is actually covering the majority of the touchscreens in nowdays, so you d better put your request to the SKins forum.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 1:13 pm
then is a Skin issue ?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 1:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)