Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: RMX Stops responding - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

At random times on Windows 7, VDJ8 stops communicating with the controller. Hercules RMX. Sound card in controller still works and program can be controlled from keyboard and mouse, but not from the controller.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 7:54 pm
Try to use an other USB cable or try to reinstall VDJ 8 and update the software.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:00 am
It ONLY occurs in VDJ8, same setup using 7.4 never fails.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 8:29 am
Which version of VDJ 8? Beta/release?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 10:33 am
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Having the same problem. Occurred last night after about 35 minutes of playing. Controller completely stops responding. The sound continues but the controller itself won't do a thing. Works perfectly on VDJ 7. Tried different usb cords and restarting VDJ 8. No luck....

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 11:14 am
Build 1872.709 Did not find the problem on earlier builds. The other issue I have with the RMX on 8 is the light for the Scratch Button does not light up when in Vinyl mode. It works fine in 7.4 however.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 4:48 pm
mine happened too but only when I was playing videos.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:47 am
RMX or RMX2? These controllers are basically the same, and I think they share the same firmware and drivers. I use the RMX2, and do not have these issues. Are you guys using the default settings, or custom settings in the mapper?

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 1:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
RMX and RMX2 are 2 different devices with different drivers, different definition files, different mapping files, different Hardware IDs. the only common that those 2 have is the Hercules brand name

RMX was hardcoded in VirtualDj 7 and in a way it was supported with HID protocol. In version 8, the unit is detected and mapped as MIDI. So whatever issues you have with loss of control, you should search in the usual places....
- USB 3.0 port connection could be an issue, especially with Win 8.1 (we had reports in the past)
- Latest drivers (Hercules has provided support for USB 3.0 but you should follow some instructions while installing)
- Usage of USB hub (could solve issues in some cases, but could create others as well)
- Conflict with other devices , such as Logitech products
- Bad USB cable
- Momentary loss of AC Power (power drops)
etc
If for any reason, MIDI communication is lost, the software cant do much of course.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:23 pm
I can see how all of your examples , could be an issue. But, how do they differentiate between ver 7 and ver 8? I don't see the power supply, USB hub, port, or cable saying, "I'm going to work for version 7, but I will disconnect if you use 8".

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:04 pm
Try downloading the latest build of install file. Uninstall your current version of VDJ8. DON'T remove database or settings when it ask. That tends to remove database/settings from vers. 7.4 for me. Install from the downloaded file. That's what I did to get my scratch light to work on my RMX. Just ran VJD8 for 3 hours and didn't lose connectivity/control of my RMX. It might or might not fix that with a new install.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 4:45 pm
This thread has given me some bad juju. My RMX2 disconnected a little while ago. However, I am not ready to blame it on the software. I was doing a lot of things, and picked up the controller, and turned it up 90 degrees. This is not a new thing for me, as it sits on top of the house mixer. I needed to change a setting, and lifted it up. As I said, I have done this hundreds of times. I was actually playing an 18 min mix, because I was sending out an email, and did not notice the disconnection, right away. So, I mixed in the next track with the mouse, and reset the power adapter. I never loss sound, and switched to the mp3 player, that runs continuously. I am not going to try to repeat this now, but will do so at home. So, is it possible that any of you may have moved your unit, or had any strong vibrations, during your disconnections?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 12:32 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I reinstalled the drivers from the Hercules site. Worked for me....so far

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 12:36 pm
I have this problem with my vci400 and my voxoa m70 mixer

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 1:44 pm
I have the same problem my Hercules 4-mx disconnects at random since I upgraded to 7.4 I thought version 8 would cure this but it hasn't
my other controller American audio vms 4.1 was fine then suddenly it started disconnecting aswell
so far I have changed usb cables , run both on powered hub even tho vms has its own power supply no good still discons
it seems funny that all the problems start since 7.4 was released
both controllers work flawlessly on windows xp machine but disconn on windows 7
ive been having this problem for quite a long time now with no resolve any help will be appreciated :)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 9:54 pm
all of my usb ports have been set to never turn off along with hdd and processor I have set up both my gig laps for maximum audio performance , is this a problem in windows 7 or a problem in the builds of vdj ? I really need this sorting

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 11:33 pm
So, your controllers work on one machine, and not the other? This does not seem like a software issue, since the same software is on both machines. The cables work on both machines, so It's not the cables. It's doing it on both controllers, so it's not the controllers. The only thing left is the computer, and it's ports. What are the specs of your machine, how many ports, usb 2 or 3? Have you tried anything else on these ports?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have several similar reports regarding random disconnections.

So far, from what we have seen and personally experienced too, its either a Windows issue (USB drivers) probably happened with a recent update or a power failure at yoru working venue (instant voltage drop or grounding issue).

FYI, this is not happening with controllers that are USB powered and the laptop is either on battery or the AC plug adapter dosnt have any ground wire.

So in case of the 4Mx, since its USB powered, i would recommend you to try to use a AC Adapter for your laptop without a ground wire.
Or, try to ground the 4Mx with a mixer or another device that offers ground connection.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:29 am
hi guys
sorry I havnt responded till now ive had work commitments
both my gig laptops are acer aspire with i3cpu duo core 2.53ghz , 8 gig ram , 64 bit op system windows 7
I feel if it were a ground fault both systems would fail as soon as they were connected but it seems to be a time related fault as all members reporting this problem say the consoles stop responding at a set time mine being aprox 90 minutes
I lose all functions of both controllers yet audio is still being supplied to speakers via the controllers , very strange
I have found I only started having these kind of problems after I updated to version 7.4 and 8 , before these updates both laptops and both consoles worked flawlessly .
I have tried both grounded and ungrounded ac power supplies both render the same problem disconnection after a period of time
I have tried to open a ticket with tech support , reply was ask in the forums !!!! not very good tech support for the money I payed for a programme is it really ?
so heres the deal
I got hold of a cracked copy of vdj 7.4 installed it both controllers work great no hick ups no discons , leading me to believe its a flaw in the programmes yes ???
will I stay with the cracked version ???? answer of course I wont :)
why should I after paying good money for a legit copy ??
come on atomics lets get our heads together and sort out this obvious software issue
give us what we have payed for :) a good fully operating updated copy of vdj :)

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 9:33 pm
sorry forgot to mention I have 3 usb ports all usb2
could the problem with the builds be a bug that only effects windows 7 and 8 ? or has there been a time limit set in the builds to render a controller useless after a set period of time ??

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 9:38 pm
80%