Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon MC600 mk1 PARAM.1 is flickering!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ KyriPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Should I be worried.???

Win 7 Laptop
VDJ8 build 1870

no other problems, and this wasnt and still isnt a problem BUT DID NOTICE it Thursday Night....

I Worked the Heck out of VDJ8 on Thursday.. EVERYTHING WAS AND IS FINE WITH IT... it handled me going in and out of everything, multi. effects on while looping a song and loading an other song.... and more... I mean I WAS TRYING TO STRESS THE PROGRAM, LAPTOP while I was live....

It basically slapped me in my face and told me to keep trying....

SO FOR EVERYONE THAT THINKS IT CANT HANDLE IT.... they are so wrong... ok back to the flickering button...

is that like a Vissual LIMITER indicator or something????

ill try to look at the mapper when im hooked up to the controller again and see what it says untill i hear back from you guys!.

Thanks In Advance!!

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 2:29 pm
I don't think it's a vdj problem but maybe an issue with the mc6000.

I have had 2x mc6000 controllers develop flashing light issues. One got replaced and the second one has had new led boards installed.

Are the lights flashing to the beat of the music, if so, sounds like the same issue I had, only I had several lights pulsating dimly to the music.

If it's still under warrantee then take it back to the shop. Denon are usually pretty good when it comes to these things.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 5:54 pm
Doesn't do it with vdj 7... i did notice that when a deck is playing and i move fader #2 up or down ONLY it turns that param. #1 button light on!

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 6:55 pm
Not sure what is causing that, but at least it doesn't sound like a hardware issue with the mc6000.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 8:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are we talking about the 2 Buttons/leds in the center of the mixer ?
did you notice if the Led turns off a while after ? Possibly indicates the video transition status

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 11:14 pm
MC 6000 ... There are 4 knobs and buttons on the left AND right sided of the controler..... Then you have 2 knobs and buttons in the middle of the controler (all up top)

The 2 in the Middle the buttons are labeled Param

(yes the RIGHT param button opens up an other Video window and the Right param button is for Video transitions....)

ok that being said... IM NOT PLAYING VIDEOs ....... At All!...

and when either Deck is playing a song and i move fader #2 OR THE THIRD FADER FROM THE LEFT .. with the configuration being 3 1 2 4
The Param 2 button lights up....

So my thinking is to do more investigation on it alll. Brake out VDJ 7 and see if it does is there!??? which from what i can remember.. It never did.... EVEN WITH VDJ 8 it never did..... again, that being said... I dont know if its an extra setting that was added or something...??

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The button lights up to indicate that a video transition is taking place at that time. Same as the Video transition button/text on the VIDEO panel of the skin. If you dont play video at all, you can simply disable both AUTO and LINK from that VIDEO panel and the button will stop lighting up each time you move crossfader or a Volume fader.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 9:53 am
Thanks for the heads up... Ill try it out next time my rig is set up!

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)