Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual VDJ 8 Scratch Settings - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dlware7PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello. VDJ 7.4 allows users to adjust the "Performance" settings with set Latency values through a drop down menu. Also, the Registry Tool can be used to adjust to your controller and sound preferences. VDJ 8 doesn't seem to have the same settings and there is no information that I can find on how to adjust the settings. The information provide when hoovering over the field does not give a good explanation. The information reference default values and no information is provided for the Latency field. Where can I find more information to assist with adjusting the settings? Also, is there a Registry Tool for VDJ 8 or other tools available to enhance the scratch sound? VDJ 7.4 scratches sound good on my laptop. VDJ 8 sounds like it needs adjusting. Thanks.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 12:34 pm
if you go to options and enable "advanced options", then you can search for scratch and there is a value called "scratchFilterQuality", the default is 8, the higher the better.
Latency is already set on the audio driver, but you can search for it too.

Sal

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 10:12 am
How high can you go on with scratch quality? I increase it from 8 to 10 and it seems to work well. I can't set my latency to the lowest setting (1ms) without getting some noise in the music files.

I am adjusting my style to compensate for the slightly slow release when release pressure off the jog wheel.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 3:45 am
if you set pitchQuality to 1 it also improves scratching sound might help out :-)

keep in mind this makes master tempo sounds less then desirable lol

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 2:10 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if you set pitchQuality to 1 it also improves scratching sound might help out :-)

keep in mind this makes master tempo sounds less then desirable lol

What's with the smile and the LOL?

I am hip hop Dj, I scratch with real music, not beats like turntablist do. That is not a diss, just reality, they only play music when required, the rest of the time its break beats.

I want to be able to do standard baby scratching without any latency or delays.

That is why I asked how far you can go with settings before you make the sound suffer or anything to do with standard beat mixing.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 7:33 pm
just amused by how the software works?

sorry if i offended you djfourmoney

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 5:15 am
djfourmoney wrote :
How high can you go on with scratch quality? I increase it from 8 to 10 and it seems to work well. I can't set my latency to the lowest setting (1ms) without getting some noise in the music files.

I am adjusting my style to compensate for the slightly slow release when release pressure off the jog wheel.

I increase mines to 80... sounds and feels great. Also you do have to turn off the backspin. oh and my jogSensitivityScratch is at 0.80000. I have got all the down to 0.30000 but 0.80000 feels better. my rampScratchTime is at 0.000000. Let me know what you think.

Win 7
Intel core i7-3630QM CPU 2.40GHz
6.00 GB
64-Bit

Pioneer DDJ - SX is my controller.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 5:10 pm
How do you optimize virtual DJ pro 8 software for scratching on numark mixtrack pro 2. I need the correct settings...help!

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 10:53 pm
knightrin wrote :
djfourmoney wrote :

I increase mines to 80... sounds and feels great. Also you do have to turn off the backspin. oh and my jogSensitivityScratch is at 0.80000. I have got all the down to 0.30000 but 0.80000 feels better. my rampScratchTime is at 0.000000. Let me know what you think.

Win 7
Intel core i7-3630QM CPU 2.40GHz
6.00 GB
64-Bit

Pioneer DDJ - SX is my controller.

I'll check out these settings, thanks.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:02 am
kingralph22 wrote :
How do you optimize virtual DJ pro 8 software for scratching on numark mixtrack pro 2. I need the correct settings...help!

Get the latency down as low as you can without adding artifacts to the sound (digital white noise, etc). My RMX is set at 2ms, any lower (1ms) I get noises. I am going to try the above changes to see what happens.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:04 am
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Im learning to scratch. There seems to be a delay between the jog wheel movements and the waveform when scratching. I think thats latency. If im right how do i adjust that in vdj8. Vdj 7 had options for that.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 1:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It depends on your Operating system and the driver you re using. If you use Windows and ASIO driver, then adjust the latency from the ASIO Utility of the sound card.
If you use WASAPI (not the best choice for low latency and scratching), use the Latency setting from Options. Same setting can be used for Macs too.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 6:17 am
K im using mac with vdj8. But havent seen latency in vdj settings/configurations. Where do i find it, is it reworded?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 7:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its in the advanced Options . Make sure the "show Advanced Options" is checked from the top-right and do a search for "latency"

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 8:21 am
found it. thanks. Now what do i set it to? I saw some comments here saying 2ms for example. Would i be able to change it from "Automatic" and enter a figure and what would be the best setting

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 11:55 pm
djjecky wrote :
found it. thanks. Now what do i set it to? I saw some comments here saying 2ms for example. Would i be able to change it from "Automatic" and enter a figure and what would be the best setting

As low as you can get it without introducing noise in the audio. 2ms is okay but it caused a slight delay similar to a belt-drive turntable. You have to nudge the track forward a bit to make sure if you're scratching the next song and releasing it on the downbeat, it stays on time.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 4:22 am
djfourmoney wrote :
djjecky wrote :

As low as you can get it without introducing noise in the audio. 2ms is okay but it caused a slight delay similar to a belt-drive turntable. You have to nudge the track forward a bit to make sure if you're scratching the next song and releasing it on the downbeat, it stays on time.

i think its your setting that giving you problems, theres alot that need to be turned off...especially ramp up time that should be zero...which could be causing that lag.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 9:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djfourmoney wrote :

If you disable the ability to backspin the platter then you'll find that releases are more responsive, obviously at the expense of no longer being able to backspin the platter. You could map a control/custom button to toggle this setting.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 9:50 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
djfourmoney wrote :
djjecky wrote :

i think its your setting that giving you problems, theres alot that need to be turned off...especially ramp up time that should be zero...which could be causing that lag.

How does ramp up impact scratching? You mean if the delay (or latency) I have is; I do dub, dub, dub and let go, it sort of "stops" then goes. As I said sort of like belt-drives that lack the torque of direct drive turntables?

What else would need to be turned off???

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 10:30 pm
ramp start and stop is on 0.0. Ramp scratch is on 0.1. Is that ok? And yea, what else needs to be turned off? Using dm mc6000.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 5:51 pm
74%