Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: controller not detected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys using Hercules dj console 4-mk been having issues lately in 8 where the controller at times is not detected im also seeing dj console midi show up in controller listing and keyboard that's all . I have always sign out and back in to detect im a pro full user so I don't have to buy a license for the controller.. in addition when this happens I lose control of software and it freezes

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 8:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If one time the unit gets detected and working and the next is not, then definitely there is no issue with the software.

How exactly does the software behave when this happens ? Sound stops or keeps going ? Do you get a Windows freeze or the skin freezes (stops refreshing) ?

I would suggest to start with the most common , which is change the USB cable. If that dosnt help, try to disable your Wifi and Bluetooth and take a look at your computer overall performance .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 4:25 am
hey bob ,skin freezes , and sometimes not I lose full control the controller will no longer respond to vdj 8 sometimes its keps playing or stop in the middle of a song to correct id have to restart the software and sign back in ... I don't ever shutdown the software unless there is an update due to I have an internet radio station on live 365.com the runs 24/7

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 10:00 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
..Try this, go into Universal Serial Bus Controllers thru Device manager.

Right click on each "USB Root Hub" and choose "properties", then click on "Power Management" and un-check "Allow the computer to turn off device to save power", then click OK on each... this may be your issue...

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)