Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: Build 1870 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-Fix writing flac cover
-Fix prelisten getting broken playing songs with samplerate smaller than output samplerate
-Logout disabled in tradeshow mode
-Device definitions can have platform definition to limit to pc or mac
-Improve default resolution selection of camera plugin
-Fix header not written for .cue file
-Fix unable to re-order automix list when loaded from virtual folder or history folder
-Fix blackouts on some systems when skin fps is 30
-sampler_volume_master added for a master volume for sampler
-Fix possible analyzer problem when analyzing files with different sample rates
-Fix direct pc-to-pc broadcasting on mac
-Fix keepSortOrder false not resetting sort orders
-Synchronized play/cue now snaps to nearest beat instead of always going before the requested position
-fill="no" parameter for note bar midi definition added
-Fixed duplicate in list of controllers when buying PLUS license
-Full Kill eq improvement
-New "device detected" popup window
-UTF8 BOM marker written for playlists (fixes playlists becoming unreadable in vdj 7)
-sampler_bank doesn't block midi thread anymore
-Fix pitch-lock when pitch range is 100%
-Fix plugins unable to send "effect_activate" in some cases
-Fix audio automix removing video output of other deck during transition
-When a soundcard is not present on launch, use the internal soundcard until the one from the config is reconnected
-Fix HID controllers hot-plug on mac
-Fix soundcard hot-plug on mac
-Improve HID scan time on mac

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 11:04 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Standard loops no longer 'rolling' (for want of another word) when used in conjunction with slip mode.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:23 pm
Info tab won't open, tries to move for a few pixels and won't go any further.

How do I get back to the previous versions, build?

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:40 pm
@Soulman, Drag the info tab open, you may have dragged it closed.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
locodog wrote :
Standard loops no longer 'rolling' (for want of another word) when used in conjunction with slip mode.

Works fine here.
Enable Slip, Loop deck, turn off loop, track goes to where it should be before activating the loop.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:52 pm
My mistake, it did behave as I said but doesn't now after a restart.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 2:05 pm
locodog wrote :
@Soulman, Drag the info tab open, you may have dragged it closed.

Nope, only moves enough to show a single character (there appears to be a list behind the Automix panel. Tried mouse left clicking and drag, neither will open it. Tried sidelist, sampler, Automix, Karaoke and Clone panels, its the same for them all.

Aha, got it open. Apparently you can't drag it open by the tab, mouse has to be above or below the tab. Hmmmm, after dragging open by that method it now performs as it should. It was never dragged shut, but was initially showing that behaviour.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 2:06 pm
now its not reading nothing from my external hard drive help.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 4:38 pm
Sound Quality isnt right....tracks sound out of phase, just had to switch back to install_virtualdj_osx_v8.0.1855

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 4:39 pm
no solution with equalizer, sound media, not short, vocals or choirs are heard...

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:13 pm
Several crashes since todays Beta . Two reports sent automatically. loaded both decks clicked on side list info menu , clicked listen and box came up asking if I wanted to use internal Laptop sound, clicked yes. Clicked on Karaoke Mic on side list menu and then crashed. Replicated it again twice doing the same.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 7:39 pm
emoratioControlleristMember since 2014
the keylock should again be different from matching to the other deck, and so different from master tempo. With this new version it changes the key of a loaded song, matching to the other deck. This effect should be reserved for BPM-matching ( sync )

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 8:38 pm
emoratioControlleristMember since 2014
Uuups. I beg your pardon... i made a mistake. Take my regression bug report off, please. I had to turn off the smart play function. Now it's doing fine...

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 8:53 pm
Problem Started in version 1855 and is still present in 1870
VDJ fails to find internal sound card

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:42 pm
tracks also skipping
WINDOWS 8
i7 Quad Core
8GB RAM
SEP Nvidia Video RAM
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
3TB ExtHDD

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:45 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
(Accidentally posted this on the V8 forum... slow but catching on, please remove that post since it should not be there)

After the 1870 update, the "master" sound is not only coming out of my Denon 6000, but the laptop speakers as well.

I received new prompts about using the sound card on the 6000 which I tried both options of not using it, and using it: no change.

I can adjust the sound of the laptop speakers, or mute it without affecting the master on the 6000, so I guess I'll do that for now.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the prelisten!

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 10:17 pm
The sound seems like it's out of phase on the master output as if 2 of the same tracks are synced together without the loudness... (This is on a Mac btw..)

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 12:06 am
Anyway with this bug VDJ8 is useless right now until it's fix.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 1:09 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
V8 beta ver. 1870.702, Mac Mavericks 10.9.4 , Pioneer DDJ-Wego. with this new version the DDJ-Wego controller button are no longer recognized by V8! The sound card even after pressing apply does no longer route to the controller.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:31 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Nothing is changed to the way the devices are detected in the latest builds. And nothing on the Wego mapping either.
What we have found though in Mavericks, is that devices sometimes are not properly detected by their normal names in Audio Midi Setup (and VirtualDj uses that name), and usually named as USB MIDI Device. If that is the case, rename the device as PIONEER DDJ-WeGO and relaunch version 8.
The above information (device name) is offered in Applications->Utilties->Audio Midi Setup .From the top menu choose Window->show Midi window. Double ckick on the Device to rename it.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 4:30 am
77%