Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video stop to load (Black Screen)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I was testing loading video along 1 hour, and deck left & right in some moment stop to load videos (Video stucked), screen is black and only audio is loaded.
The fix is only temporary. just Disable video & enable video, but the problem persist.
* happen with any file format, Mpg, vob or mp4.
* this happen in 5 minutes or 30 min. is Random.
* was tested with different skin and happen again.

* was tested on Maverick 10.9.3 OSX retina 15. SSD 16GB

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 10:51 am
Are you using a 4 or 6 deck skin? (More than 2)

I was having a similar issue with the output video randomly going black on the 4 deck skin. I could see the video in the preview window for the deck, but the master output window would suddenly go black. I solved it by manually assigning the left and right video deck in the VIDEO panel of the screen instead of letting it assign them automatically. I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or something specific to my macbook, but it sounds like you were experiencing the same issue, so maybe a bug???

The "Leftvideo" and "rightvideo" assignments are apparently not remembered when you re-start the program, so rather than having to assign them every time, I just added them to the ONINIT field in the Keyboard mapping file : "deck 3 leftvideo & deck 4 rightvideo"

(I use decks 3 and 4 most of the time since it's a shorter distance to drag the files from the browser. If you use 1 and 2 most often, then set those as the default in the ONINIT command above)

Since you are setting the decks manually, you will need to select one of the other two decks if you decide to load a video in those decks. Only one deck can be assigned to each side of the video crossfader at a time (unlike the audio crossfader)

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 8:14 pm

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:10 pm
There was captured 2 Bugs. If you see in The video, you will see video freeze in deck1 and even auto Bpm sync is disabled. Still works with some tracks.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:36 am
I catch the bug!, for example:
If I use a video conscutive 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p will works or If I use the same resolution like 720p and 720p will works too.
But if in some moment I use a minor resolution like 720p to 360p will fail or 1080p to 720p will fail.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 7:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I cant reproduce that. I ve tried all kind of combinations, even the one that you have reported last, and all videos loaded and played fine.
Tests made with Windows PC (Intel HD 4400) Will try on Mac too.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 9:42 pm
Done tests on the Mac too (i5, Intel HD4000). All good except that if i follow your way (load a video with less resolution than the previous one - e.g. from 1080p to 720p), it keeps the first frame of the previous video , until i press Play.

Have you tried to delete the settings.xml file from Documents/VirtualDj folder (resets all settings back to default) and relaunch ?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 9:55 pm
The setting was its failing is videoMicroFrames, if I use smart, work like you said - it keeps the first frame of the previous video , until i press Play.
But if I use never. will fail, try it.
If you choose Always you must see what happen. Will only accept the max resolution played before.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 10:54 pm
Is there a particular reason having videomicroFrames different than Smart (default value) ?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Problem with microFrames on mac has been found and will be fixed next build.
In the meantime microFrames off should fix the problem.
Smart would indeed be the preferred setting otherwise.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:37 am
I use never option, i remember smart & always option create a blending between frames (ghost Frames ), i feel is not very smooth if we use 30 Frames or more)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 7:12 am
I also have same issue on mac but mine plays 10-20 sec of video on deck 1 then fades to black, deck 2 working fine

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 2:09 pm
Which option have you been using in microFrames ?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 2:27 pm
No idea not changed setting, last weeks release worked 100% for me did a 4 hour gig with video, this weeks release has caused this issue

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 2:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)