Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: American audio 10MXR loss of cross fader and other buttons after this last update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys, I love my Virtual DJ, but I have not been able to use my Technics since the update, and I do not want to use V7 because I do music videos and the videos always freeze in V7 and I don't have it on my computer any more anyway.

So just when everything starts to look a little better with V8 while practicing at home, because I am scared to use in public, after this last update I lost my cross fader and some of the other button on my 10 MXR.

Any one??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 11:57 pm
i do not know whats wrong with the fader problem but timecode vinly is not good right now with vdj 8 i use Technics 1200 to with american audio 10 mxr mixer i have not been able to use it to so i been using hercules rmx 2 with timecode and it suck to put know problem with the fader try in option on audio part u can adjust the fader maybe it turn off on this version of vdj 8.but i do not recommend timecode with vdj 8 its really bad if u are a scratch dj like me but if u do not scratch its ok sometime .here is forum on timecode and u will see all the problem we are having with timecode vinyl.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187224/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Timecode_users_________.html

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 12:20 am
Angelt99, read his post again. Your post has nothing to do with his post, and did not offer anything, to help him with his problem. Please do not hijack this thread.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:56 am
DJ Hip Hop Cowboy, did you check the controller configurations, to see if they have changed, from what you had before? Did you have any custom mappings or were you using the default settings?

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:59 am
Sorry did not get back sooner, busy weekend DJing and working on my house. Anyway, I never change setting because I am not good at that like the rest of you guys. I have been having the problems mentioned through all the post about pitch, skipping, buttons/mapping, but have always used default for most part and do very little changing. Took laptop to best buy to make sure all was good and had maintenance done to it. Got it home Thursday, opened Virtual DJ, got the latest update, practiced for a while and things looked very good. Decided to call my local club that I DJ at once a month or so and told him I want to DJ for free to test VD 8 in public for the first time, so after the update, turned computer off, went to club, turned everything on, and you read the rest above post. I don't know what's up but the most common thought for me was the update. I set back to factory settings, rebooted, restarted the computer and nothing, no cross fader any more, no sync button, cue buttons etc. ??????????

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 12:42 pm
humm kind of strange ? i DJ with VDJ 7 (live gigs) & (VDJ 8 to test at home) and i DJ with 14MXR problem free so far :-)

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 1:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ Hip Hop Cowboy wrote :
..., after this last update I lost my cross fader and some of the other button on my 10 MXR

Can you be more specific ?
-Lost your crossfader ? Does this mean that you dont see the crossfader moving on the screen if you move the crossfader on the MXR, or it doesnt affect Audio and /or Video when you move that ?
- What are the buttons that dont work ?

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 2:23 pm
Cross fader was visible on VDJ8 screen but did not operate when manually switched from left to right on 10 MXR (did work with mouse on screen when I grabbed it with mouse and moved it left to right, right to left), sync button stopped working also, I did not change any settings before, during and after I received update from VDJ Thursday afternoon and shut down and then restarted computer at club Thursday night. and like I said above after all this happened I reset to factory default and still no action, thanks for help. Just got latest update, will hook up and see whats going on.

Just hooked everything up and still no control over cross fader, sync and hot cues from 10MXR, (dicer works for hot cues), no right side sound or switch of music/video to channel 2 for cross fader when you move to right with mouse, no vertical volume control for left or right side, but master volume works, either my 10 MXR is dead or something happened with last update before todays, I will go to my local DJ store with my turntables and hook up a new 10 MXR to see if its my 10 MXR or the program.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 9:13 pm
My last thought for tonight on this is, it must be an update issue because when I move the cross fader with the mouse to the right side (Ch2) I do not get the switch of video or audio. I do non recall this problem with my computer and VDJ8 in the past before update on Thursday, but ?????, I will still take my stuff in tomorrow to test a new 10 MXR

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 10:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though i am sure you re doing something wrong, i took the time and tried the 10MXR here too. Just plugged the unit, launched version 8 and everything worked as expected.

From what i read, i believe that your 10MXR is not properly detected.

What exactly do you see in Config->Controllers tab ? Do you see the unit properly detected by its name (American Audio 10MXR) and factory default available in the Mappings drop down list ?

If you move any slider or button from the unit (while the unit is selected in the controllers tab), do you get all the keys/elements/names of the mapping in the bottom Key list ?

Can you try to delete the settings.xml file and relaunch version 8 ?

Btw, which build do you use and what Operation system ?

EDIt. One other thing that may affect the proper MIDI operation/detection is the WIFI/Bluetooth/Webcamera (if your computer offers such). Try to disable them (from Device Manager), replug the unit and see if anything changes. I ve seen such a conflict with other AA units (VMS series) , so it wouldnt surprise me if that is also the case here.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 1:26 am
OK,
-I disabled the camera like you said to do.
-I just plugged in 10MXR and VDJ8 saw and read 10MXR and asked if I wanted to use, clicked yes.
-went to options, for audio settings "source" read as deck 1 in the first line, deck 2 in the second line, "card" read 10MXR audio midi device in both lines and in "channel" 1st line was chan 1&2, second line was chan 3&4
- clicked on "Time Code and then in "Source tab Time code 1 and time code 2 popped up, and the same as above in the "sound card and Channel" columns.
- clicked apply and both turntable on VDJ screen started spinning.

*********What exactly do you see in Config->Controllers tab ? Do you see the unit properly detected by its name (American Audio 10MXR) and factory default available in the Mappings drop down list ?
*******YES

***********If you move any slider or button from the unit (while the unit is selected in the controllers tab), do you get all the keys/elements/names of the mapping in the bottom Key list ?
********NO

***********Can you try to delete the settings.xml file and relaunch version 8 ?
*********I need more specific instructions on where to find this and if that is all I need to do, (answer = did not do yet till you tell me where to find).

***********Btw, which build do you use and what Operation system ?
********Build 1855.702, my laptop is an ASUS republic of gamers running Window 8.1, with Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz with 32 GB RAM, 64 Bit operating system with two separate 1 terabyte internal hard drives, and a 3 gig video card, this laptop is a beast and there is no program out there that is too much for this laptop to handle, appreciate the help. I do not claim to be the smarts guy out here, but definitely not the dumbest, with good detailed directions I can fix anything, so with your help I hope we can fix. I just cant stop thinking that somehow that last update was when all my troubles started??????

P.S. Good to have a fellow Greek helping, My name is Kosta Maravelias, U.S. born to immigrant parents, never been to the motherland though.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:57 am
Mystery solved boys and girls, my 10 MXR IS DEAD, I bought one for one of my DJs shortly after I bought my, he lives closer to me than my local DJ store, so I got his hooked it up and everything is working fine. hooked my up again and everything is dead, hooked his up again and everything works fine, gonna play it for a few hours later on tonight after doing some yard work in the blazing Texas heat just to make sure all is well, thank you all for your help and advise, look forward to reporting good news in the future. hopefully us time code users will be able to use our technics with confidence some time soon, but it appears my problem is not really a problem we all share, sorry for the false alarm..

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 2:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)