Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Slip mode & hotcue bug 1855 Win

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Win 1855
Put slip mode on, play a bit of a track, change the track on the deck and play, then try set a hotcue on the fly track position jumps a large amount or stops.

I'm guessing the slip mode 'beat count' isn't being reset when the track changes.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 1:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
confirmed, reported. Ty

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 2:32 pm
Has this issue been addressed in th 2 subsequent builds?, if it has there are further issues.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 12:46 pm
Just post your issues if you have some.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:00 pm
I have many issues but this isn't the forum for that.

It might be a different angle of the same thing, no point repeating myself if it hasn't been addressed, *and after further testing the old issue is still there.*

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 3:48 pm
Another bug possibly related
A bit of an odd one this, most likely one for the very bottom of the fix list, and I'm guessing loosely related to unfixed slip mode issues (above and http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/190289/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Slip_mode___changing_loop_lengths.html). Hence posting here.
Method
Slip mode off
Play a track in a 8 beat loop somewhere in the middle, as the loop reaches the end mash the dump command, it may take a few attempts but the play head will jump to before the loop when not in dump mode, repeat mashing dump and the play head will jump into the loop in dump mode but jump further and further back when not.

Like I said obscure, I'd accept that this could be me over working V8. and beyond practicality for a fix (since it's unlikely to bother anyone), but at least it has been reported.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:42 am
I finding that my Pioneer DDJ - SX is not working correctly with the mapper provided ! my Hot cues , rolls , slice and samples control settings are off by a lot and does not correspond with the controller unit .

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 4:17 pm
Explain; 'a lot' in fact explain in much more detail.
I'm guessing, but I don't think your issues are related to this one.
The nature of loop roll has changed for V8, it is a while_press type of feature now, for loop roll like it was in V7 you should use a normal loop with slip mode on, but as mentioned above this has issues yet to be resolved.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 5:47 pm
Original problem persists in 2048
Related to the original post but this is a positive
If while in slip mode you press pause and then wait a second and then sync & play then the track jumps to where it would be without the pause, this also works with the backspin fx so the V7 style slipped backspin/brake FX functionality (slips if switched off before the FX ends) is maintained.

This is very desirable, (I'd like to see it kept) so as I see it, the solution to the original bug is to internally (code) change the set hotcue script to something like
(press hotcue 1)
hotcue 1 ? slip_mode ? hotcue 1 while_pressed : hotcue 1 (this Yes/No is my guess to the internal workings) : slip_mode ? slip_mode 0 & set_hotcue 1 & slip_mode 1 : set_hotcue 1

And if maybe the manually initiated ' effect_active 'backspin' 0 ' command could be amended (again internally) with ' & slip_mode ? sync & play : nothing '
And the ' play ' command be prefixed with ' slip_mode ? sync & play : (original command, {play} ) '

then there's more consistency, if slip mode is on, pause/brake & backspin fx also slip (pause/brake always, backspin FX if you're on&off quick or if you choose to press play with slip_mode on)
Further thought, if slip_mode is on and a deck changes track then slip mode state should be saved as a variable, if 1, it should switch slip_mode off until after play has been pressed, then back on and of course drop the variable until next track change.
I guess there could be possible snags with TC and Automix but I don't know how it works internally.

This is why I love VDJ, script bridges the language gap between users & dev's.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 4:40 pm
Bump reminder, the issue persists, it's not all that urgent, but it has been 6+ months.

locodog wrote :
Win 1855
Put slip mode on, play a bit of a track, change the track on the deck and play, then try set a hotcue on the fly track position jumps a large amount or stops.

I'm guessing the slip mode 'beat count' isn't being reset when the track changes.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 4:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)