Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX - Mac and Windows users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I want to start a dedicated thread for DDJ-SX users using VDJ8. I would like to keep it strictly for SX users.

I have to say I have used 8 on 3 parties this past weekend and worked great but were minor settings that needed adjustment and not sure how to fix them.

EQ kill isn't working the way I want it to. I liked the way it worked in 7. I did change the equalizer mode to "full kill". Does anyone have any settings for EQ that they adjusted and are happy with?

Filter is not really a filter unless you're setting for it is "strong". Sounds good but kills too quick for me. Does anyone have any settings for Filter knob that they adjusted and are happy with?

Also settings for jog wheel sensitivity. I'm lost here pretty much. Does anyone have any settings for jog that they are happy with?

Mid 2009 Macbook Pro Unibody
OS X Mountain Lion

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:50 am
I guess I'm the only DDJ-SX user on here???

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 1:37 pm
djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
All works well for me expect with the effects and samples. The volume is full and by passes the master slider on the unit. I wish that I could fix this or have a better understanding on how it is meant to work with DDJ-SX.

Win 8
Dell xps

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:25 pm
djsalvi,

What are your jog settings?

Did you change your eq settings?

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:39 pm
I had 1 gig with v8 on windows 8 on my macbook air 2012
videos and except of 4 slight sound skips or dropouts it was fine.
i still don't feeĺ comfortable and use v7 live and v8 at home.

i noticed small glitch both in v8 and v7 that my cue pads are not lit steadily.
e.g. i set up cues 1 to 8 and play songs on both decks
and sometimes some cue pads simply turn off for a very slight moment like wink of an eye.
even when i don't touch anything.
tried different usb port, midi transmit interval etc...

serato does not do it

it is hard to take a video of it as in reality all leds are not constantly lit but they are flashing very fast enough for an eye to see it steady lit but iphones camera is confused.

is anyone expecting same visual glitch on the cue pads?

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:55 pm
I will post my settings later... i've been playing since the 1st release of vdj8 with no problem, i had to made some tweaks here and there, so i corrected the things you mentioned... i'm even using the split cueing function with no problem at all.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:24 pm
Thanks djfrochocr.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:30 pm
WHY IN THE HELL IS VIRTUAL DJ 8 STILL BLASTING OUR SPEAKERS AT 100% VOLUME WITH A SAMPLE USING THE MOST FRIGGIN POPULAR CONTROLLER EVER MADE ATOMIX? THIS WAS A FRIGGIN ISSUE IN VERSION 7, AND NOW IN VERSION 8?? WTF

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:44 pm
burnyabad,

There's no reason for caps buddy. The development team is working hard to fix issues as fast as they can. That and many other issues have been brought to their attention. This is a public beta. Let's all work together to make our SX's work the way we want with their expertise. That's the beauty of Virtual DJ. At the same time we all need to be patient.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:53 pm
Koz, this has been an issue for a year! And remember... v8 is NEW SOFTWARE. this is NOT AN ISSUE IN TRACTOR OR SERATO DJ.. PERIOD

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keep in mind that this Forum exists to post bugs related to the software and its supported Hardware, and not a place to exchange settings and ideas on how to make your hardware controller performing better. Use the Hardware, General or Software forums for this.

Every single issue that has been reported in this thread is already discussed in others too, they are not related to a specific controller, therefore we lock this topic.

Please post any issue and bugs related to the software to a different relative topic or open a new one. If you need to contribute though and help the Team to resolve any issues left, be as much specific as you can when you describe an issue.

Topic locked

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)