Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Options Resetting Unuasable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a very fast optimized machine and when using VDJ8 I cannot even use the options settings. Every time I un-collapse an option branch, it collapses again with the refresh. As a result I can't even really review the settings.

Also under Audio Options, if I pick an option (eg. select an output source or card) it undoes my selection before I can hit the apply button. If I am fast enough it will apply and stick but this refresh thing is messing up my ability to select or choose options.

I love V8 and can't wait to get it working. Please focus on the bugs first before adding any features. Lets get something usable.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 12:38 pm
This is the first and only time I have heard of this issue. How long has this been going on? Mac or Pc? Have you tried to reinstall 8? If you do reinstall, say NO when it ask f you want to reset settings.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 2:30 pm

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 3:28 pm
I have a nice optimized PC. VDJ7 works fantastic on it. Two sound cards. I just installed VDJ8 the other night and hadnt re-installed it at all yet. I will try that to see it does anything different. In the mean time i will continue to use 7.

A Man and His Music wrote :
This is the first and only time I have heard of this issue. How long has this been going on? Mac or Pc? Have you tried to reinstall 8? If you do reinstall, say NO when it ask f you want to reset settings.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can view and change settings in settings xml in the VDJ folder, Back it up before attempting to edit it.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@Richh2012 Which sound card are you using ?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:46 pm
I've run accross this and it seems to happen when your config isn't set up right. For example if it's set in config 1 (which is my configeration for my controller) and my controller is NOT attacted, this wil happen when I'm in opioions. The same is true if i'm in Config 2 (which is what i have for no contoller just lap top). Just simply change the config, no need for reboot or anything, and you can access the options and the tree won't close on you.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:03 pm
This issue is reported as resolved in the next build 1855 (currently in beta).

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 4:16 pm
I have NVidia HD Audio and a Soundblaster Recon3D PCIe card.

djdad wrote :
@Richh2012 Which sound card are you using ?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 9:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)