Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Crashing when loading video.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I just bought 2 new dvd's from Promo Only and downloaded them. One is Best of Hair Bands Vol. 4 and the other is Vol. 5
Vol. 4 loads the tracks just fine and plays with no problem. Watch what happens when I load a track from Vol. 5.

http://youtu.be/LipKgtuQw9U

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 11:09 pm
What do you mean by downloading; ripped from dvd, downloaded from site, copied and paste from dvd? Have you checked the paths of these files, and are they the same? Are you sure these files are the same format as volume 4? Ask yourself, what makes these files act differently, since I am using the same software?

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 12:15 pm
The files were downloaded from the POOL download site. The paths are just fine. I even tried copying them into another folder and still the same thing. Files play just fine in VDJ 7.

DJ James

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 1:05 pm
I also tried copying the files to a usb flash drive and playing the on another computer with another install of vdj8. Same thing happened. So it is not a file path issue.
I know you are going to say that it is not VDJ8 but rather something is different about the files. That is probably true but their is no way for me to know what is different about the files as I did not rip them, Promo Only did. However, I cannot tell Promo Only that their is something wrong with their files when they play just fine with VDJ7 and with windows media player.

Need some help here.

DJ James

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 1:44 pm
DJ James, I am not going to tell you that it is not ver 8. I am trying to help you, not defend the software. My line of questioning would have been different, had you mentioned that the files worked in ver 7. So the question now is, why do they work in 7, and not 8? I have referenced this thread to the developers, to see if you can send them one of these files, to test.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 2:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It would help Dev Team to reproduce the crash and fix it, if you could upload a file from that folder to a server or Dropbox and share the link. You can om me or email me at babis@virtualdj.com if u dont want to share the file with others.

thank you

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 3:19 pm
@djdad

Just sent you PM. Check your inbox.

I also notice that just trying to scan the file also causes the same result. Scanning on VDJ7 works just fine.

Thanks,
DJ James

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:09 pm
I also opened a ticket with Promo Only and described the problem to see if they can tell me what they have done different on this volume when encoding the files. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

DJ James

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:17 pm
Thanks, we got the file and will let u know soon.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 10:58 pm
Sometimes I re-mux my problematic video files and on most cases they work fine afterwards. Old good ancient TMPGenc for vobs/mpeg2 and mkvmerge for anything DivX/XviD/H264/x264 etc. I prefer the mkv container than mp4

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:00 am
Fixed in build 1855

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:05 pm
Awesome. Looking forward to the update. Also I got this response from Promo Only:

It looks like you were not the only user that had a problem with that release. We found the problem with the embedded artwork in that issue and we fixed it. I have reset the download for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Nick Corcoran
Promo Only
Promo Only Online (POOL) Support Manager

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:50 pm
MasterDPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do we know what files are effected with promo only? You mentioned some videos were but not all.

If there a way to identify which ones so we don't select those during a set?

Or any idea when 1855 is do for public release?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 11:18 pm
MasterD wrote :
Do we know what files are effected with promo only? You mentioned some videos were but not all.

If there a way to identify which ones so we don't select those during a set?

Or any idea when 1855 is do for public release?

The op said "Best of Hair volume 5", so I would test those videos and see if I have the same issues.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:48 am
I have scanned all of my other videos from promo only and others. The only files I had any problems with were the Hair Bands Vol. 5. I re-downloaded the "fixed" release and it is working fine now. So unless you have an earlier messed up copy of it then I think you will be ok.
Still need the update though. A bad file like that should have only given an error message like unable to load error. Not crash the software. I am certain that is what has been fixed by the dev crew in the upcoming update.

DJ James

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 12:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)