Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 Upgrade "from installers" is not possible.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

for example if you install "install_virtualdj_pc_v8.0.1785.msi" and it update, and then later if you want to install "install_virtualdj_pc_v8.0.1828.msi" it is supposed to do an upgrade process (for plugins, translations, and the other files), but instead it show an error message about that is not possible to install, because is already installed, and require unistall, so then how update the other files ?

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you havent changed any setting that dont allow auto-updates, there is no need to install again the next available update. The software will get auto-updated.
Indeed, you will an error if you try to install one build over an existing installation, because the version is not changed, its still 8.0, so Windows think that you are trying to install the same software version. In that case, you will need to uninstall the previous one and install the new one, but really as said above, there is no need to do that, you simply let the existing version you have to get automatically updated.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:54 pm
yes, I understand, just that I wanted to do an upgrade from installers, in order to update the rest of files too, because with the auto-update only the exe file is updated (and nothing more) as mentioned here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/190395/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Default_skins_don_t_update_during_the_automatic_pushes_.HTML

I think the installers should consider build number too (and not only the main version number), and then the users will be able to upgrade from the installers too, without having to uninstall before.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are no other files that need to be updated apart from the skin. And since we have already mentioned that it holds some really minor changes that dont affect the functionality, i really find no reason to do that.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:13 am
ok, I was worrying about language files or plugins files were not being updated with the "auto-update" feature.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)