Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Automatically Creating Favourite Folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Every time I bring focus to a directory in the browser it is creating a favourite folder for it. This is getting extremely annoying. I can not find a way of disabling it in the settings. Please help?

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 3:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is definitely not a normal behavior and definitely cant reproduce it here. I ve also seen your other post about loading tracks with a simple click.
So , there must be something that you need to look into your computer settings (mouse settings, touchscreen probably ? )

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 3:51 pm
I've had the folders thing happen a few times too.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:10 pm
Groovin, you are probably talking about creating a Favorite folder if you drag the Folder towards the right side. Yes, we know that, but the original poster speaks about focus, so a single click cant do that of course.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:28 am
No, I wasn't dragging anything - just browsing the computer directories using VDJ.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 5:07 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have also had this issue, as groovin said just browsing folders.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 7:07 am
+1

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 7:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Me too, I can't say how it happened but I've had several I'd never be able to see it happen as my expanded folders fill the view
(WORST BUG REPORT EVER)

I just delete them

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 11:43 am
I have the same problem, random folders are created as favourites on startup. Not every time but sporadically and with no reason! Only ever one folder.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:23 pm
Guys, as we really cant reproduce it here, it would help if you could point us some steps. You know how hard is to fix something if you cant replicate it.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 4:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I suspected this one was my error, and I still do.

One way to isolate when this is happening could be to write a confirmation dialogue for making favorite folders when doing so by dragging (accidental or otherwise) In one of the next beta builds, as a temporary measure because I suspect it would be impossible to know when it has happened ( and thus be able to recall the steps taken). Who gets to see the very bottom of the tree view that often?

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 5:58 pm
This has happened to me a few times on my laptop and I've now been able to replicate how it might happen.

Simply click on a folder and drag the pointer right or left away from the folder name and the red bar with down arrow to create a favourite folder will appear at the bottom of the folder list. With a laptop touchpad, it's very easy to move the mouse pointer slightly when tapping to click on a folder. So if you click on (tap) near the edge of the folder name then there's a chance the mouse may move as you tap and result in a favourite folder being created.

With a normal mouse, this is much harder to do by accident.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 1:29 pm
Oh yeah, so it does. My immediate thought is why? From the replies here, it's clearly far too easy to do accidentally.

There's already a right click option for setting fave folders, which is much safer.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 2:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)