Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix Problems - Sound Pops and Fade / Mix Not Smooth... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Try setting pitch quality to "1" now automix is as before. You can find it under Prefencences....

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 9:37 am
adz7337Home userMember since 2014
I think someone at VDJ finally saw this thread looks like the latest update has fixed this :D

Played around with the Automix modes and they are all working. Was able to tweak it and found the settings I was after, the Skip Silence with 15 sec Fade w/ Smart Play enabled works perfectly and with good sound quality..

Muuuuuuuuch better.. nice work VDJ keep it up!

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 9:30 pm
adz7337Home userMember since 2014
Ok spoke too soon, no longer had I changed a few more settings and then loaded a new music folder and then... BAM! Automix probs started again - same thing skips to the end of a song and allows it to play the full silence.

So I un-nstalled VDJ8 and told it to delete all Prefs, Databases etc.
I installed a clean version of 8.0.1872 (BLD 1932.768) and went to the second folder and tried that in the Automix playlist and lo-and-behold problems still exist.. very frustrating

I think it can't handle going from very high BPM file to low BPM very well or maybe there is some setting for a Db threshold that needs to be changed so that it recognises silence correctly, thats the biggest problem..

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 10:31 pm
Tried this again and still not a good mix..

rojosound wrote :
Try setting pitch quality to "1" now automix is as before. You can find it under Prefencences....

Reported to Atomix to fix... Lets see how long it takes them ...

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 4:13 pm
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Why are DJ's using auto mix? It's a cool feature, but what do you expect?! I already think it's better than many DJ out there!

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 10:32 pm
Automix is a major selling point for VDJ as no other software offers it... I personally use it a lot as I mainly do weddings and corporate events where backround music is required. It is just frustrating as the Automix in V8 does not work as well as v7.4.1 - Hence why I still use v7 for live work.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:31 am
> Try setting pitch quality to "1" now automix is as before.

I was having the same problem with VDJ8 (build 1937.787) in Automix and Mix Now, but changing this setting totally worked for me - thanks all!

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 12:53 pm
Why is version 8 ignoring start fade and stop fade from the version7 database? In 7 I was able to use smart automix and force it to use my fade points by disabling the other types of fade for each track. Now I have a 7 database with 6000 videos with carefully selected fades that were ignored when 8 was installed. How are we expected to find the time to re-edit those fades into 8? We need atomix to write a script

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 1:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Because V8 handles automix points in a different way than v7. And it also uses other database entries for these informations.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 4:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)