Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix Bug with Ver.1834

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After installation of VDJ Version 1834.687 Automix problem occurred. There is a bad noise between songs. Same problem on 2 different pc and configuration please correct urgently. Thanks.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cant reproduce any noise here.
what type of Automix are you using ?
Can you reproduce the same noise if the autoGain setting (in Options) is set to auto instead of Auto+Remember ?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:40 pm
Yes Auto+ Remember used. On all Automix Types with all lengths same problem except None (back-to-back).

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:46 pm
Same problem with Auto mode.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:48 pm
Can you try to delete the settings.xml file from the VirtualDj folder and try again ?
If the issue persists, can you record 2 songs mixing in Automix and upload the recorded file ? (use a server or Dropbox and post here the link)

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 6:18 pm

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 6:56 pm
So, you dont have any other sound issues when playing files, loading tracks etc, and the issues are only with Automix ?
Can you put the mouse over the CPU meter and see in the Tooltip what is the Audio % is when the noise is produced ?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:01 pm
Yes Djdad the issues are only with Automix, I do not have any other problem except Hercules RMX working without lights.
Fyi I'm using Factory Default except Autogain changed to Auto following your 1st msg.
My CPU use while playing songs:
System:Between 0,5% - 21% (maximum) Audio:01.6%

During automix while noise starts System approx. same level once seen 29% and Audio increases up slightly to 02.9 % .
Automix was working very well until update to version 1834.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:21 pm
Ok, one more test..can you try to set the PitchQuality setting to 1 (instead of 2 - default value), ?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:36 pm
Yes DJDad with pitch quality 1 Automix working well like before now.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I love my VDJ 8 LOL.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 7:46 pm

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 8:17 pm
Kindly note that this is not pc performance and/or low specification issue.
Automix was working very well with VDJ 7 and VDJ 8's previous versions and never had latency problems.
This is a powerfull desktop pc with:
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.60GHz Processor
16.0 GB DDR 3 Ram Memory
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Motherboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit OS
Creative SB ZxR sound card
Hercules RMX latency set to 3840 (87 ms)
If pitch quality 2 started to create problem with this pc I think that you should review your latest version 1834 since previous versions were working very well until yesterday update.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 10:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would you mind trying if the 1845 beta build also has this noise?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 5:09 am
Yes I would like to try it. Can you give me a download link please?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:16 am
Automix of Beta version 1845 works without problem with pitch level 2. The problem on version 1834 is CPU System level which is very high when compared with version 1828 and 1845. Thanks a lot.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:27 am
djdad wrote :
Ok, one more test..can you try to set the PitchQuality setting to 1 (instead of 2 - default value), ?

I set my pitch quality to 1 and now my automix sound 100% better. I've only been playing with this setting for about 20 minutes but my initial reaction is that making this change has improved my audio quality when automix starts to play two songs simultaneously. yeah!

joe....

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 10:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)