Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: is there a to STOP effects resetting themselves????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After closing VDJ8, is there a to STOP effects resetting themselves???? this is driving me crazy, they keep resetting it would be nice if they stayed put at my preferred setting. This wasn't happening before and now it is!

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 10:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I had that too it seem unique to me at the time, nothing fx wise would save it was like VDJ couldn't/wouldn't write to the .ini, I tried all the recommended fixes in the end I formatted my drive reinstalled Windows
I suspected it was a virus
Extreme but it got it .

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 6:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
they dont get reset actually. Changes are saved. But as you may have noticed, version 8 can now have different parameter values for each deck/instance. In version 7, if you were changing a Parameter all Parameters of all decks were changing too.
Currently, only one instance is saved though.
Give it a try, open VirtualDJ, select an effect on a deck, change its parameter and relaunch. You will see it keeps the changes across sessions. But if you do that in more than 1 decks/instances, then yes, only one will be changed.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 8:26 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Even if I changed just one single thing closed the effect, closed VDJ it wouldn't save (not an issue now since formatting)
Hopefully lucas' problem is like you say.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 8:39 am
seems to work fine after the latest update

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)