Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Saved playlist out of order

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I open VJ8 and go to my playlist , and say I click the Top 40 playlist I created , or wedding intro songs. well it puts it out of order , so every time I have to click Reset the order. Is there something in Options to fix this , or is this a bug ..
I set set savePlaylist to "yes" ?

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 7:17 am
I am getting the same thing !

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:18 am
Hi Guys,

I have the same thing but noticed if I click on the playlist, then click off it onto another folder then click back onto the playlist it re-appears in the correct order. Can't explain why though.

Regards, John

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 1:39 pm
I have the same problem.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 3:29 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same. I havent found any trick to get the correct order. Also dates sort are broken! Some of the songs are discovered in 1999 and some in 2017. Everything should be first seen in 2008-2014 as they are in VDJ 7. I have win 8.1 os.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 3:38 pm
same problem, it is frustrating to spend hours making a playlist and then see that it has moved the order, help, I better take a picture with the phone, just in case I can not recover the original order, but it is not a solution

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 11:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SavePlaylist is not a setting that changes anything regarding your issue. This setting simply keeps in memory all the tracks that you have in your Automix and Sidelist, so next time you launch the software, the tracks will be there from the last session.

The setting keepSortOrder is the one that you probably need to disable. This setting will keep sorting every folder and Playlist you select by the last selected sorted field. So if you have sorted by BPM a folder and then click on the Playlist, it will continue to sort all of them by that field.
at any case, if you find your Playlists beeing sorted by any field (you will notice the down/up arrow on a field), rightclick on any of the Fields Headers/labels and choose Reset Sort Order (option on the top of the list)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:42 am
hezeggyControlleristMember since 2014
I just purchased Version 8 and i need a lot of patience with this new version. The previous comment which advice Reset the order works, thanks to the poster. But why are all the good options from previous versions gone? Takes a lot of time to find my way through this interface...

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 11:43 am
raykjHome userMember since 2010
Thanks for that ! It was aggravating the hell out of me. I SO miss Version 7...

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)