Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Check for updates and download if available

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm finding even though I have the options set to check for updates (including beta versions) it sometimes takes a few sessions in VDJ8 to realise there is an update and to download and install.

Could there not be a tab added in the setup page that you click and it checks there and then that you are upto date and if not gives you the choice to update there and then?

Also ideally there should be the options to revert to previous builds if one works better for one person's needs/system?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 8:55 am
it will only update if the program sits idle :-)

after all would be a disaster to update in the middle of a set.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:14 am
Yep agree,

Thats why I would dissable the automatic updates and internet at a gig.

At the moment I havent used VDJ8 at a gig, it's sitting on my home laptop and I'm watching it until I'm happy it's roadworthy.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:29 am
That's why I think there should be an option to check and update in real time at a press of a button and then turn off updates when its out gigging.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If your computer is connected to the Internet and launch version 8, it will automatically check AND download the update. It will only ask you to apply/use the update if your software is idle (you havent yet started playing). Next time you launch the software it will ask you if you wish to use the update it had downloaded during the previous session.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)