Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Issue when using a 4 deck configuration.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I use a 2 deck configuration everything runs very smoothly and perfect.

But there is a big problem when I use a 4 deck configuration in combination with milkdrop (effect setting when there is only audio) + title.
If I use only video files on the 4 decks, everything runs perfect.

The problem occurs when you are mixing video files and (only) audio files over the 4 decks randomly. Very soon the video routing will get messed up and you end up with a black video screen or a milkdrop effect on a video file or any other combination, that is not good. Also the title effect give you the wrong title for the song that’s playing.

My configuration:
Windows 8.1 PC/ I7 / 8 gig RAM / 1T evo SSD
Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:33 am
I've noticed this.can be quite disturbing.seems the system gets confused (though I wondered if it is me ) and its unable to decide whats logical.thing to do is to keep a constant pattern of what decks are to be used for milkdrop and which for camaras (in my case) and theres one other thing.the selection on your crossfaders,meaning your master but also your video crossfader.I rather not mess with the video crossfader but guees what? you can override plugin assigments there if you end up with a black screen,so you are getting the audio of say deck 2 but the milkdrop of deck 3.of course then you have to remember that overide as well.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 2:33 pm
Nice discription, the system gets confused !
Is there nobody else having this problem ?
DJ dad what's your opinion ?

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 2:12 pm
@Nice discription, the system gets confused...
yes,confused.why? vdj8 is using too many resourses for transpanency and not enough for the common needs like managing effects (its main brain).
Are others experiencing this?...tons and more..
Dj Dad,yes,if any this man can help.but dont expect miracles...soon we will be all waiting for version 9,and the software will get another body transplant but.I've been using vdj in only 4 deck since the introduction of v.7 and it works for me as long as I dont push it to much....

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 3:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the only possible cause i can think of is when u load un-scanned video tracks. VirtualDJ 8 considers mp4 files as audio files until those are scanned. So if you load an un-scanned mp4 file on deck, it will be considered as audio file for the first few seconds, until properly scanned and get the video flag.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 8:04 pm
hmm interesting Dad...hmm what if they've been bpm scanned singularly?..now I'll have to check them all..

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 9:06 pm
After further deep investigation, I was able to determine that an audio file is always the cause of the problem.
The monitor screen remains undecided and shows no milkdrop effects (see screenshot).
This is the momment where the trouble starts and the video screen stays black.
@ DJ Dad: all the files used in the test are completely scanned. So, I still think this is a bug.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:01 pm
same results here...

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)