Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sampler Not Staying In Sync......................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok I have a track playing on deck 1 and then I launch my sample with my DDJ SP1.

All is good until I start playing a track on deck 2 then the sample tries to sync with deck 2. That wouldn't be a problem BUT that's my scratch track!! What do I need to change or can someone tell me how the sampler decides which deck its gonna sync with??

This is no good to me even if their video playing sample decks. I have to be able to tell VDJ which deck to sync with and stay synced with that deck until I tell VDJ otherwise. Please someone help............

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Normally the samples should sync to the Master , which in most cases it should be the MasterDeck. In case you are using a setup with external mixer, you will probably have to manually choose the masterdeck with the M button you will see in the 4decks default skin
Are you using 2 or 4 decks ? and kind of setup ?

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:26 am
2 decks sometimes 4.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:53 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi BeatBreaker, try setting samplerOutputToTriggerDeck to yes

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:22 am
Hmm thought I tried that but I'll check to make sure and yes I forgot about the "master deck" thing. One more thing I have to map out now.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:56 am
Is master deck just a toggle function? What deck does it sync to if you don't have that? How do you set a master deck?

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 11:51 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
my guess, when mixing two decks, the active deck is the master deck. Using 4 or more decks, the master deck is either shift+sync, or can be set using small "M" icons in the deck GUI

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:07 pm
Yup thats it. My problem is having to map yet more keys so I can switch which is master.

I really, really, really wish I could just type in the BPM that I want my sample to play at...........

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)