Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just don't get it.. using it for WEEKS and it froze on me! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Few factor's that can also cause software to freeze ..

1) The external hard drive you are using is going into stand by mode , make sure you go into device manager , and then go to your usb root hub and then go to power management un check it . ( Do this for all your usb ports )

2 ) Latency is set to low , try increasing to higher value .

3 ) make sure you have your display settings set at high performance , and that your computer is not going into stand by mode

Oh and make sure your using a VJ8 Skin not 7.4

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 9:17 pm
As to your #3 it needs to be Best Quality.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 10:18 pm
He's using a Mac. Don't know if they have the same config.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 10:21 pm
Yep, using a Mac... none of those fixes apply to me. And no external drive is used.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:15 am
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
We all know its in beta stage right, so why the heck would anyone use it in a gig and then complain if it doesn't go right? I think the onus is clearly on us with this.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:31 am
I know with Mac there has been many problems , I do know you need the latest update for your Mac . Does your VJ freeze without the Controller hook up . You may want to try that first .

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:33 am
Sintar... are you serious? This is NOT a beta. This is a FULL RELEASE, which is why I get frustrated sometimes.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:54 am
No clue if it freezes without a controller. I only dj with a controller.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:54 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
djmagicmoments wrote :
Sintar... are you serious? This is NOT a beta. This is a FULL RELEASE, which is why I get frustrated sometimes.

not really something to discuss about, but did you signed up here....what does it say...?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:02 am
Not checked... not using Beta Builds. I am using released versions only.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:40 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
i agree with you, that it is a bit tricky at the moment. V8 is being official released but still in progress and almost daly improved . Kinda grey zone somehow
so official release and a litte bit of beta....so...miley cyrus would say...best of both worlds...;-)

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:57 am
djmagicmoments wrote :

Hey mate, I did in fact think that this was not a full release yet tbh. I stand corrected apparently. Was it a beta when they first released it to us, or did I totally miss make that up somehow, somewhere ?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 6:34 am
Let's not get too caught up on the release versions. The fact is, some of us are using the betas, and some are using the release. However, it is still a new product, and has some bugs and issues that are popping up. This is what happens to all software, when it is released, because there are thousands of different machines out there. I don't know how to say this any other way; Do not use your clients as guinea pigs. If this ver is causing you issues, do not use it. The team is working on these issues, as fast as they can. They are putting out updates with fixes, as fast as they can. Some of you think they are not working fast enough, and are getting frustrated. Well, some of us deal with frustration differently. I can get frustrated also, but what is that going to get me? I wait just like everyone else for the updates and fixes. You can wait until your issue is fixed, or use ver 7. I have not had any crashes, and if I did, I would use ver 7. My camera still does not work, so I use 7, if my client paid for live camera feed. The camera is working for others, but I'm not slitting my wrist about it. Some of my paid plugins still don't work, in 8. Some of my transitions don't work in 8, so I removed them. My point is, none of my clients have paid for any of the new features in 8, so why would I rush to use it, if it is going to crash? I have used 8, since late April, without crashes. I used 8 at a graduations party yesterday, and will use in the club tonight for 8 hours.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 3:33 pm
"A Man And His Music" please send me you computer specs or laptop model so I can purchase the same if you have not had a problem since April. I would like to not have problems as well. I DJ every day of the week in clubs and private functions and waited 3 years for what I feel is a failed attempt from VDJ. Everyday I read to see when it was coming out for 3 years. Now it's out and crashes on me every time I use it. I tried it on 2 laptops and one desktop. I only purchase top of the line equipment. All are I7 Core. Every 2nd message I read has the word crash in it. VDJ should give us(if they haven't already) a list of computers and laptops that they tested it on and no problems. They have tested for a long time from the forum remarks. I'm in this industry full time and I have a name that's respected. I can't afford to lose it after 35 years. I reverted back to 7 but I like new products like every one else. VDJ teased my brain for 3 years about 8 buts it's been a flop for me. I will purchase whatever it takes to make it right. So far my NS-6, DDJ-SX, Alienware M17(top of line model) and professionally built desktop don't mix. Give me one model laptop number and I'll buy it tomorrow morning.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 4:07 pm
Funkmaster, I do not use laptops, but that was not my point. This is also my livelihood. My point is, do not use ver 8, on your clients, if you have issues. I have waited just as long as everyone else for this version. However, as a professional, it is my responsibility, to use equipment that works. This is not just directed at you, but to any DJ, that is getting paid to do a job. You do not bring a blown speaker to a gig, so why bring software that you are not confident will last the night? Don't we have enough stress on a gig, without having to worry about our software? Yeah, I know you want to use the new stuff, but it is crazy to me, to even think about using a version, if I think it will crash. It is even crazier to me, to read about some guys, that keep using, after a crash. Some have even had multiple crashes, in a night. I don't get it. This is the first upgrade I have ever used, right out of the box. I waited months, before upgrading, because I have never had show stopping issues. I have no doubt, that you have top notch computers, and would not suggest that you buy another one. I don't care if someone tells you they are using blah, blah, do not get another machine, until you have exhausted all options. My suggestion to you is, use the computer, and controller that worked best for you on 7. Do not use anything else, until you get it to work, with that combo. Report all issues with that combo, before going to another combo. I am not sure, but think you do not put you gig machine on line. If that is the case, you will have to report your crashes to the team. In the mean time, use 7, on your paying clients. Gotta go now, time to go to work, but I will be on the forum when I get to the club.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 4:38 pm
I don't use vdj8 for paying clients.. I test it during times when I know there is no one around. It has never (except once) worked for more than 1.5 hours. My point is simply that you said you have no problems using 8 with your setup since April. Has anyone else had this positive experience? I just want the same thing. That's how us professionals acquire that respect to be called professionals. I don't need the camera or special transitions, etc. You know everyone was hyp'd about the sound quality of 8 and after that go back to 7, that's a tough one, seriously "Music". Please send me your desktop model number and specs so I can move forward too. Or any model that VDJ tested and has worked to date. I drive a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for 4 years, noisy and bumpy as hell! For 2 days I have been driving a Cadillac CTS, trust me when I say it was very hard getting back in my Jeep. Going from 7 to 8 and back again almost felt the same if you know what I mean!

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 4:59 pm
Peeps are under the impression that VDJ8 is in Beta Stage(read above) right now and VDJ doesn't promote it that way in the forum to potential buyers. The following is written when VDJ8 was released.

Still, as we said during the pre-release, VirtualDJ 8 has been thoroughly tested and is used daily by tens of thousands of professional users

If it was tested by tens of thousands then why are we seeing so many issues since it's release? There are not tens of thousands of computers/laptops on the market!! There seems to be some B.S. somewhere. I don't see on any promo pages that VDJ8 is in Beta stage, and new/old customers will be or are Guinea Pigs.

The public Beta stage was only created after so many users reported problems. Just venting after so much failed promises!! I'll say it again: I see Stanton all over again... I'm sorry if this offended anyone in anyway! In this case at least we have a working and proven VDJ7 to fall on without changing software companies. I know they all have some problems but this is to much for me after the 3 years I waited for the release. If VDJ8 was proven good by it's beta testers before it was released why not show what controller/computer it was tested "Ok" using?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 5:29 pm
Funkmaster, I use a desktop I built myself. The specs are in this thread. Again, I do not believe changing your computer will make a difference, because your machine is more than capable. What is the issue you are having with one of your combination computer/controller? Let's just stick with one controller, you pick which one. Also, do you have this issue without the controller? I do not use either of the controllers you have, but use the MC6000 and RMX 2. I am not the only one using 8, just look around. However, I would like to focus on your issues, to see if there is a solution.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 7:28 pm
it seems most dj use macs but vdj works better on windows based pc's. it was like that on vdj 7 as well. oh the irony.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 8:01 pm
Hmmm. Didn't mean to reignite this thread, just meant to correct my earlier incorrect statement.

For the record I haven't had a single crash with v8, first on my 2009 MacBook Pro and then the rMBP that replaced it. Both with a DDJ-SX.

Feeling lucky about that a bit now :)

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 8:15 pm
95%