Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just don't get it.. using it for WEEKS and it froze on me! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

This may be it for me with VDJ8...

Besides the BPM'ing being terrible, the TAP button not working... last night, at a wedding and it FROZE ON ME... I wasn't touching the software, not touching the controller, I was DOING NOTHING and it just froze.

This is after weeks of using it and not a single problem, besides those noted above.

Atomix... PLEASE get people in that know how to fix the Mac problems. It honestly looks as though you are trying different things to get stuff to work because no one in house is an expert.

It's been a month... this stuff should be fixed.

Almost at the end for me... I really like it and appreciate all your hard work but waited years for the program, had you telling us that people were using it successfully in weddings and clubs... There is NO WAY. Too many crashes and too many bugs on the Mac side.

Specs, in case anyone cares to respond:
Macbook Pro 15"
10.9.3 OS
2.6 GHz, I7
8 Gigs Ram
Nvideo Geforce GT 650M, 1024mb
750GB SSD Hard Drive (250GB Free)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:20 pm
Thursday night VDJ8 froze after 1.5 hours only. Reverted back to 7 at my club gig and all went fine. I dj'd a gig from Friday till this morning non stop 50 hours without a hiccup with vdj7 and it was rock solid. I wont be using 8 until the team get it to a better level. My only income comes from DJing. I cant afford to be boo'd at any event. Looks like I'll be sticking with VDJ7 for a long time. VDJ8 has crashed on me 4 times in the past 2 weeks.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:36 pm
being way to harsh.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:49 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
This may be it for me with VDJ8...

Besides the BPM'ing being terrible, the TAP button not working... last night, at a wedding and it FROZE ON ME... I wasn't touching the software, not touching the controller, I was DOING NOTHING and it just froze.

This is after weeks of using it and not a single problem, besides those noted above.

Atomix... PLEASE get people in that know how to fix the Mac problems. It honestly looks as though you are trying different things to get stuff to work because no one in house is an expert.

It's been a month... this stuff should be fixed.

Almost at the end for me... I really like it and appreciate all your hard work but waited years for the program, had you telling us that people were using it successfully in weddings and clubs... There is NO WAY. Too many crashes and too many bugs on the Mac side.

Specs, in case anyone cares to respond:
Macbook Pro 15"
10.9.3 OS
2.6 GHz, I7
8 Gigs Ram
Nvideo Geforce GT 650M, 1024mb
750GB SSD Hard Drive (250GB Free)

I am being a bit harsh out of frustration... my apologies. I am sure they will get this fixed asap.

Again, just very frustrated after a freeze in front of 250 people. Had to go to my backup.

Sorry for sounding disrespectful.

Scott

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:24 pm
Ok Magic...hmm...good specs except for guess what? 1 gig of graphics only? just read somewhere around here,posted by a very respectable VIP...that 2 gigs is recommended.which is what i got (whew! just made it I guess.when I got this Alienware it was that 2 gb in Sli that sold me..didnt think it would be a standard,but it sounds about right..especialy if running 4 decks with videos,plugins and all..

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think there must have been some confusion, while more video memory can certainly improve video looping/scratching, it's definitely no requirement to have 2GB.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:32 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There are new versions being released almost daily, so once one problem is fixed it seems to be causing another problem that wasn't there before.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:48 am
GaryBr wrote :
There are new versions being released almost daily, so once one problem is fixed it seems to be causing another problem that wasn't there before.

Yes, this is very normal.

The ratios are normally between 3:1 and to 10:1 between the no. of bugs you fix and the new ones you introduce, depending on how complea the programing language is.

3:1 is for the hard ones like C++ and 10:1 are for the simpler ones like Visual Basic

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:30 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
This really brings up a good point... Many/most of the bugs that I think we've seen here are very pedestrian meaning that anyone could have seen/caught them. (I'm not discounting the fact that there's a great number of non-trivial issues as well, however most looks _obvious_.)

Not to be blunt, however either Atomix doesn't have a solid QA team or their testing process/practice seems to be lacking. Also based on what I have been told by members of the dev team, the development team is not in a single location (distributed development), which opens up the opportunity for developers to walk on each others code.

I'm totally for the privacy and opaqueness that Atomix has been in regards to V8, however this lack of transparency is what may ultimately cause V8 to loose their customer base.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 9:18 am
Didn't I read somewhere . Use the software but continue to use VDJ 7 for Live gigs. I accept every download of the Beta editions and use VDJ 8 at home. Totally foolish to go live at an important gig such as a Wedding a Karaoke Gig fine as you can blag over the gaps and blame the DJ , I do then no one else can't get one over on you a part from a booooooo. Some way to go for VDJ 8 yet as we have so many more different Platforms now of which we didn't have when VDJ 7 was born . Having said all that I have new Laptop with a Western Digital Black2 2.5 inch 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual Drive , with two more on board 1TB drives . - 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) .- i7 3610QM QUAD CORE- 16GB DDR3.
- NVIDIA GTX 660M Graphics Card. My confidence in VDJ 8 is such that I'm going live this coming weekend with out the safety net.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 9:47 am
There are Mac issues that need addressed. With no reply from developers, they must be busy with these or more important issues.

A "we are aware of the problem and working on a fix" would be just dandy... haha.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:13 pm
Wait..didnt they preach for years that it would be released "when it's ready"?

Guess what...I dont think it's ready.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:32 pm
Nah... there is no way for them to be able to test it on the thousands of systems that each of us use... I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Wish there was more testing on Mac, since that seems to be where the issues are.

I am confident that they will get there soon.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:41 pm
DJ MM .Doe's the Mac have a event recorder as with Windows. May give a clue as to why the Freeze.

Funkmaster. May be worth a look also.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:24 pm
I am happy to provide any information that the developers want... so far, not even an acknowledgement thus far.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:14 pm
Let me just say that ALL ISSUES ARE BEING LOOKED AT. How could they get any work done, if they answered every post here? C'mon stop it. If they answer this request, then the next guy is wondering why they have not answered his request. Just take a minute to think. Who here thinks they are in an office, drinking and smoking cigars? They are working as hard as they can. Everyone here, thinks their issue should be at the top of the list. I don't know what their priorities are, and I don't have too. I know they are putting out fixes as fast as they can.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:23 pm
Of course they are... the concern is that no one has asked any questions related to the crashes, the BPM problem, the beat display problems... that's all.

no one is getting upset here except you. All I said is that there was no acknowledgment... that's it. Not saying that there SHOULD BE one. And by "acknowledgement" I mean asking a question related to the problem. Again, that's all.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:28 pm
I am not upset, just trying to state the obvious.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:31 pm
Its a all Male team ? may be that's whats lacking to alleviate some of the stress , some Female input.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:32 pm
No, they would never get anything done.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:38 pm
48%