Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Bug Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have been using VDJ8 at several gigs using the latest build... Currently I am using the 828 build.

Several bugs have been occurring at least once a night during my testing of the software.
These issues did not occur with version 7.
I also do a lot of music videos.
My CPU usage is always low since I have a powerful laptop.

1. Dragging music to the automix folder sometimes does not work. When I drag the same song again to the folder, then I get 2 copies in the automix folder and I have to delete one of the copies. This will happen more than once during the night. I generally use the automix for dinner music.

2. At least once a night, I will have a song playing on one deck and then I try to drag a song to the other deck to play next, VDJ will close and I have to reopen the program.... show stopper!!!!

3. In the video preview windows for decks 1 & 2, the screen will be un-viewable at times... the top or center output window will display the video fine. The video to the output tv or projector plays fine, but the preview windows for desks 1 & 2 will sometimes play fine and other times will be messed up and cannot be viewed. I have tried testing with different videos and a certain video will play fine in preview screen one time and not ok the next time. I have tried the default skin and also downloaded several custom skins and the issues are the same

As I stated earlier, these issues did not happen in version 7.

Computer Laptop specs:
I7 - 3610 processor
16GB 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX675 4GB GDDR5 Video Card
120 GB Solid State main hard drive.
750 GB extra internal drive.
5 USB ports (3 - 3.0 USB)
3 TB External Hard drive using USB 3.0.

Thanks,

Dale

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For Nr1.
It is a known bug (already reported). It only happens if you drag n drop a track which has not yet been played or analyzed with version 8.
For now, and until it is fixed, just hover the mouse over that track in the Automix list (instead of adding it twice) and it will be shown.

For Nr.2
When the software shouts down at that time. doesnt it start again automatically ? Do you get some kind of a crash report ? Can you check if the CrashGuard setting (in Options) is set to Yes ?
Is this happening with any specific files ? Can you reproduce that at will ?

For Nr.3
Not sure what you mean, but could this be related to the video transition you are using ? Which one is that ?
Any chance the Sonique visualization is enabled on that deck ? and probably thinks that you loaded an mp3 instead of a video file ? (for tracks never played/unscanned, this could be the issue)

Note. In case you are using Sonique as a Visualization, can you try to see if you still get issues (software shuts down etc) without this ?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 4:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)