Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: prelisten problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yaqopPRO InfinityMember since 2005
prelisten problem

Operate with me for half an hour and then attached and do not work until after the restart Vdj 8
Is there a solution to it, or one has the same problems ?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 8:46 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Go into config. soundcard and make sure your set up is correct as a default and click apply, you don't have to reboot your computer, you can also do this for a midi device like a controller if your having issues with it.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 9:00 am
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm having this problem with Mac using a Denon 6000, but 8 on my PC/Denon works fine.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 2:35 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Some Users report similar problems. pre listening works fine for a couple of songs. switching between some folders ( just 2 or 3) and prelisten does not work anymore, although config seem to be right. Confirmed on Win 7/ 8 Platform.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 11:07 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Be note that auto-prelisten stops playing if you click in the browser on the song currently playing...

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 11:12 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
thx 4 the quick reply......problem is not that prelisten stops
when switching between 2- 3 folders pre listen does not work anymore.
Folder 1 prelisten OK
Folder 2 prelisten OK
Folder 3 prelisten not working anymore
User can reproduce the issue with various folders

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 11:22 am
ljaxisPRO InfinityMember since 2013
hi djcel, after some tests we found out this........

the user tried to configure the preview to channel 5+6 of his soundcard....... after some time there comes no more sound from the preview channel.
.... so he have to restart vdj for the preview player works again.

I have only deck1 and 2 in my settings configured (2xcdj400 preview configuration on auto)
sometimes i have the same problem....
there is no preview sound on the inactive deck.....
here is my solution:
i load a song in the inactive deck.... i start and stop it..... and than i have the preview sound back on this Channel.....:-)

The user uses a fixed third Channel of his soundcard.... so he is forced to restart vdj in order to fix the problem (now he is also using only two channels )

Fact: the preview player seems to loose his configured channel...... BUG??

sorry for my bad english..... hope you could understand me

greetz from germany....

Uwe

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 4:15 pm
???????please fix

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@ljaxis Which sound card is that ? What is his exact Audio Setup ? The CDJ400 only offer a stereo output channel, so most likely he using an additional sound card, right ?
Windows or Mac ?

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 3:24 am

Esi Gigaport HD
Windows

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 3:39 am
Prelisten has a huge bug. Works for a while then stops. The fix doesn't work. Please fix. Can't we have it the old way again at the bottom?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 10:06 pm
So, with build 1872 you still have issues with ?

Actually, the fix for the prelisten was in 1870, which is not public, and actually had a bug so it moved to 1872. At this moment, i see you are using 1855. So if you desperately need the prelisten fix and cant wait for a few days more to become public, enable the setting getBetabuilds from Config->Options and relaunch to get the latest one.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 10:24 pm
Using build 1897.752 and Prelisten is still not working the way I would expect. I enable prelisten and can keep clicking on songs in a folder, but as soon as I click and drag the prelisten stops and have to re-enable it each time. I need the prelisten to behave like it did in VDJ 7. If a song is selected it should play and Prelisten should never be disabled unless I disable it. I am trying to build out a playlist by prelistening, and must click prelisten after clicking and dragging every song to a playlist. Very frustrating.

Isn't this how it has worked in the past and shouldn't it still work this way?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 12:51 pm
Your request makes sense. Will report.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 5:24 pm
I've found that it's not consistent. Sometimes prelisten stays active. It's almost like if it's 'cached' enough in memory, it'll stay active, but if I try something in another folder, it takes a few tries to get the prelisten to stick to 'enabled'. Once I click around in that folder for a while, it eventually stays enabled. however as soon as i move to a new folder, I have to keep re-enabling it until those are 'cached'. Very odd and unpredictable.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 12:44 pm
It appears this bug has been resolved in release 1910. Thank you guys!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 2:01 pm
Okay, I take it back. It's better but still not fixed. I press the pre-listen play button, can click around, and occasionally the pre-listen just stops. It tends to stop more if I enter something in the search and click on a line item in the search results. I am continually having to enable the Pre-listen play button. I expect the pre-listen to stay enabled until I turn it off. I can take record a video of my screen if that would help. Thanks!

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 12:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)