Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

I would like to start by saying thanks the VDJ8 development team for again releasing a very nice and easy to use DJ application. I am sure that with time this version of VDJ will be more popular than version 7. I recently downloaded version 8 and I have installed it on my ultrabook using a VMS2 controller and it runs with no issues. There is just a few things that I would like to do but can't seem to find the option to activate what I want.

In version 7 I as able to set a automix and the volume would stay the same from track to track, I notice that with version 8 the volume of each track is not balance so if a track is louder then the other it really shows during the mix. The other thing is for some reason I cannot find the video effects. In version 7 it was pretty each to find and I was able to play a logo video when regular mp3's were playing but when a video file was being played my video output would display the music video. Can anybody direct me where I need to go to find that setting?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Select one of the available effects using the VideoaudioOnlyVisualization setting (from Config->OPTIONS tab)
You can also add Sonique svp files and other visuals in the Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/Visualisations folder to display when an audio file is loaded.

About the issue you re having when Automix is active, can you please check if the issue happens with the AutoGain setting (from Config->Options tab) is set to Auto instead of Auto+Remember ?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:41 pm
Hi djdad

In VDJ7 I was using Clipbank and just loading a mp4 file which was basically just the club logo moving around. I never used anything else like Sonique. You mention that I can use Sonique svp files, is there a tutorial somewhere that I can watch to learn how to use that if Clipbank is not available?

The audio volume issue is active when the AutoGain is set to Auto+Remember

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:57 pm
You should try out Milkdrop8 from the download area/video effects. For me it's better than sonique.

If you want to use sonique stuff just put the files in the documents\virtualdj\visualisations folder.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:37 pm
Thanks Heiko, have you ever used Clipbank? I am interested in training anything at least once. I've never used Sonique as well. SO for Milkdrop8, I just download the video effect and then what else? Is it pretty simple? I just want to be able to play a mp4 going on a continuous loop and this mp4 will be outputted to my video output when I am playing a regular mp3 file.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 6:16 pm

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 10:42 pm
It's not Clipbank - just the new sampler but yes - you can play videos like that ;-)

I think there will be something new like Clipbank when everything else is working without issues. At the moment everybody is busy on getting V8 running solid.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:45 pm
MPProdPRO InfinityMember since 2010
There is no Compatible Songs folder in the browser. This has been a problem since I first downloaded the pre-release. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 10:30 am
Klick the button on the left side in the browser to create a FILTER FOLDER and name it something like compatible songs.

Anter this as filter rule: bpmdiff<=2 and keydiff=0 you could change the values for bpm and key like you need them.

I personaly have this one cause it also create a group by the genre ;-)
group by genre with bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 11:30 am
Hi all,

I had a club gig last night and I was not able to use VDJ8 because I cannot figure out a way to get the software to play a simple mp4 file while it's just a audio file playing and my video output is on. I downloaded Milkdrop8 and that works fine but that plugin only shows weird shit on the screen, I what to be able to play a specific mp4 video. Any way to do this?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 1:09 pm
Drag & Drop the video to the sampler (would create a new bank for video). Then rightclick it and open the sample editor. There you could lopp it if it's only a small snippet and turn audio off if it come with.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 1:25 pm
Thanks Heiko for the quick response. I created a new sub-folder under sampler and I drag the mp4 into the folder. It's a 250MB size mp4 file so it's about 3 minutes long so yes I would like to loop it so I don't have to worry about. I finanaly got the mp4 video file to work but it won't start automatically once the mp3 song starts I have to start it manually. Anyway to get it to start showing the mp4 video automatically?

Thanks

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 1:52 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
for the video logo i found it video options in advanced options

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 9:45 pm
Can't seem to get vdj8 to work with my denon mc6000mk controller. I have 7 pro on the same laptop, no problem with it.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 1:45 pm
I meant to say no volume comes thru when I use vdj8, the functions work but no sound.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 1:49 pm
@jdub4556 .....check your sound configurations and make sure you have the proper Asio drivers selected...

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:18 pm
I did my first gig with VDJ8 last night and it was a challenge. I was not able to figure out a way to get a mp4 video file to play automatically when I was playing a mp3 audio file. I had to keep activating the sample manually. The other thing was the audio level. All mp3 songs are not going to have the same volume level and right now the automix feature is not leveling the volume. I had to keep playing with the gain and level out the volume myself on every song. VDJ7 had that feature already active.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:08 pm
I've been playing around a little with VDJ8 today, however every so often it'll glitch out and sound like it's stuttering the music. Not sure when it does it exactly, but it does ruin the song(s). It's on Mac, so i don't think it's an issue with the OS/Device.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)