Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 with CDJ 850 - Serious sound problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I've raised a ticket, and responses are slow, and not that helpful (suggesting ASIO driver when I'm a Mac user for example). I am using CDJ 850's with VDJ. With version 7.x they work just fine. In version 8 the sound breaks up and sounds glitchy when you have the CDJs set to 'bend / CDJ' mode rather than vinyl it only occurs when you're manipulating a track to speed it up or slow it down, it also occurs in vinyl mode if you use the side of the platter to bend rather than scratch. I have looked into it myself and the closest I can see to a possible resolution is altering the bend timings within the controller section of the settings (on advanced settings view). I have, however been unable to find a suitable number where they're happy. The equivalent setting in VDJ 7 is a slider rather than a value and there is no way of seeing how this would convert into a number.

Having paid the full price for unlimited VDJ 8 I am rather disappointed with the support I have received via the ticket system.

Key notes:

My CDJ 850s have the latest firmware.
My Mac is up to date (Mavericks 11.2.1)
My CDJs still work flawlessly as they have been doing with VDJ 7.
I use the CDJ aggregator with my Mac.
My sound card settings are correct (and match).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as at present I cannot use VDJ 8 in the clubs and venues I work in....

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The default JogBendsensitivity is now changed to 0.05 (was much higher), but you can also try 0.02, which is a value that offers way more smoother bending.
The sound issues could be also related to how your computer can handle the Master Tempo engine which applies on bending. You could also try to see if the results are much better if set PitchQuality setting (from Options) to 1 instead of 2 (default value)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)