Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: LOAD SECURITY BUG (Solved 1855)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CKJEEPNPRO InfinityMember since 2013
This applies to both MAC and PC versions. Load security defaults to yes when you install the program on either mac or pc. I checked on both machines and it was set to yes. Load security works as long as automix is not engaged. If you have Automix engaged and you double click a song it will load that song and stop the currently playing song.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:03 pm
That is how it worked in 7.4 aswell.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:11 am
No in 7.4 it loads it to the opposite player it doesn't stop music to load a new song on the player playing.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:14 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I tested this and I can confirm that this is a bug.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:28 pm
I thought that was by design as it did it from the version loaded for Pro Beta users. It was annoying.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes indeed, double-click on a song in the Automix list, when Automix is enabled, is equivalent to the action mix_next
If you use the mouse to load tracks, then i suppose its not hard to either drag n drop manually to a deck or right-click and choose Load to deck.
Actually i find this way more convenient (load and mix next song),makes more sense to me.

I understand that some features that work differently in version 8, may look awkward to you, but take a moment and think out of the box. Not everything was perfect in version 7 ;)

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 12:19 am
thank you Rlove for someone actually testing this and confirming it is a bug. Nobody else seems to want to check into it.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 7:58 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :

I understand that some features that work differently in version 8, may look awkward to you, but take a moment and think out of the box. Not everything was perfect in version 7 ;)

However, if the majority feels that something in V7 was working properly, you shouldn't change it... Or if you want to change it, give your users an option to toggle it off or on.

I understand that there's some features that you need to 'force feed', however for options like this, the end-user should have the ultimate choice. (I've been designing and writing software for over 20 years. These are not new concepts...)

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 8:19 am
Ok maybe the OP should have stated that when you double click on a song in the browser it plays next?? IS that what you are trying to say?? If you are double clicking in the automix window and it plays that is how it has always been. I am not at a computer that has any music on it so I can't test, but I would assume that it shouldnt just play the song if it was double clicked in the browser.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 2:33 pm
in 7.4 it would automatically load it to the player not playing, which was fine. This should be an option for us to decide. I accidentally double clicked while trying to load it to the playlist it stopped the song playing and started playing the song I clicked. Please make this an option or I will stay with 7.4. I do not want to risk music playing I'm not ready for yet.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 5:55 pm
+1

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:43 am
Just tried what you mention on my laptop and with deck 1 playing and I double click on a song in the browser it loads to the 2nd deck?? ARE you talking about in the AUTOMIX window or the main browser??

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:47 am
IF You have automix engaged, two songs are loaded on one of the players, a song is playing. In the old version 7.4 if you double clicked a song it would add it to the player that wasn't playing anything, and never stopped a song playing which is great love it!! In this version if you have automix engaged and a song is playing it will stop that song playing wherever in the song it is and load the song you double clicked and start playing it. I don't see any reason for this and is a bug in my mind. Why would anyone want a song to automatically be cut off in the middle without any warning because you double clicked a song?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:48 pm
Ok I now see what you are saying and agree with you!! This is definately different than in 7.4.1. You are correct it is not working as it should. If you double click in the browser with the automix activated it mixes now. It shouldnt do this, it should only do this if you double click in the AUTOMIX panel.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
fixed in 1855
Double click in Automix List (when automix is enabled) loads the file to the Automix deck and mixes with the current.
Double click in the Songs list, loads the track to the other deck.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:27 pm
Is this fixed in an update coming out or should I be seeing it now? Mine is still mixing now with a double click from the library.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:15 am
It works Thank You THANK YOU awesome!!!

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 6:03 pm
cdcobrePRO InfinityMember since 2012
How did you fix It?

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 12:03 pm
It was fixed in an update in June.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 2:08 pm
cdcobrePRO InfinityMember since 2012
I just downloaded vdj8 again it still happening to me
what do fixed in 1855 means? or what update of june they are talking about.
if it is fixed wy I downloaded today 9/14/2014 it keeps doing the same.
vdj claims to be ease for starters and proffecionals did some body took the time to test this in a live situation I have had my share of embarasment.
with this problem.
I engage autoplay for a break I come back to my denon dn-m6000 load a song in the not playing deck and boom party stops.
I found that if immediately you give it a push to the auto mix playing jog wheel start playing again
I love the many features of the version 8 and 8.1 but can't not believe this escape the many test that virtual dj tech did with the software and their native supported controllers.
I bought my denon 4 years ago with the vdj lite immediately bought vdg pro and an audio subscription that sometimes did not work and now I see no clear support on denon dj or vdj
I an a monthly paying costumer and if I miss a payment like when I change my credit card I received in mediated notification why I don't received the same when something is been fixed.I will hate to have to go to the competence.I already bought sl3 still I will like to stay here it has more features than serato scratch live and way easier to understand but what good will be for me to stay loyal if I can not trust it when I need it.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 1:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)