Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: So, how many people have used V8 in a live gig setting? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Because all my events have lighting as part of the package I have not been able to use V8 because it does not have the SendMidiClockTo command working. Other then that been using it at home and have had not problems spinning tunes. Once they add this feature back in so the software can talk to my lighting software I will give it try, but I just cannot do it now.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 1:55 pm
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I used automix for 6hrs and didn't have any issues, other than automix blows, but I didn't want to pay someone to Dj my weeding shower. I didn't notice any issues and really like the dropping folders in automix., not like before where you had to do track by track.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 7:25 pm
I used V8 at a home party last Friday and V8 crashed about 3 times. I was using the sampler panel on each occasion, so there maybe a problem with overloading the memory. I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with window 8.1 and 8gig of ram.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:29 am
Used it last night for another 4 hours. Once again....multiple crashes due to using effects and the sample banks as well. I'm using a pretty high end laptop too, with the default skin. It wasnt crashing when I was using DVS, but I got it to crash twice last night while using them. It crashed 4 times on me when I had my controller plugged in. So within 4 hours, I had 6 crashes on me. Not good at all. I'm glad a few people have been able to use it in a live setting without any issues, but at this point...I just can not risk it and will continue to keep using 7.4 since it's always been rock stable. V8 definitely has quite a few bugs and hopefully within time it will be just as stable as previous versions. Until that day comes though, there's no way I can take the chance in using V8 unfortunately live at a club when there are hundreds of people relying on hearing a perfect set. It's a shame really...I wish 7.4 had the same sound quality as V8, but it's always been fine for me so no big deal.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:53 am
visionz5 wrote :
Used it last night for another 4 hours. Once again....multiple crashes due to using effects and the sample banks as well. I'm using a pretty high end laptop too, with the default skin. It wasnt crashing when I was using DVS, but I got it to crash twice last night while using them. It crashed 4 times on me when I had my controller plugged in. So within 4 hours, I had 6 crashes on me. Not good at all. I'm glad a few people have been able to use it in a live setting without any issues, but at this point...I just can not risk it and will continue to keep using 7.4 since it's always been rock stable. V8 definitely has quite a few bugs and hopefully within time it will be just as stable as previous versions. Until that day comes though, there's no way I can take the chance in using V8 unfortunately live at a club when there are hundreds of people relying on hearing a perfect set. It's a shame really...I wish 7.4 had the same sound quality as V8, but it's always been fine for me so no big deal.

What version windows , you running , or you running a MAC > ? Also what is the Controller your using

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 8:57 am
Top of the line laptop with Windows 8, tons of RAM, I7 processor, and dedicated video.

Controller is a DDJ-S1.

DVS is 2 tech 1200, Serato CV02, and American Audio MXR14

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 11:28 am
Does it crash with out the controller plugged in ?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:08 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I used it last night in the club with my TM4. Had a scary thing happen which I have already reported. I noticed it earlier but thought the problem had gone away. All I can advise is to use it with your gig hardware connected for many hours and try to break it. If it does not break, then use it at gigs. Otherwise do not chance it. I was lucky enough this happened when only a few people were around. Would have been extremely embarrassing if it happened later in the night. I switched to trusty 7.4 immediately.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:06 pm
This software is very stable imo. I've used it at live gigs three times at 3 plus hours at a time and never had a problem yet and i'm use it with two different controllers, the vestax vci 300 and the pioneer ddj-sr.
The only problem i ever had is with that peice of crap vms2.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 2:33 pm
I have used it at 5 gigs... 3 of which were very large college events.. I use a Maya 44 USB, TIME CODE with CDJ 800's and a small DENON controller to activate loops. samples etc. Also used CONTENT UNLIMITED. It worked perfect. It sounds so much better then 7.4 that I was using... No issues at all....

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 3:50 pm
I have used 8 6 nights a week in clubs since it came out i take the time during the day to beat the crap out of it and at night it works fine with every new software it has glitches but you can work with or around them....

Let me add i use a ns7 , 2 tech 1200 , DDJ sr and sx and sz all work fine and regrettfully i do karaokie also....

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:54 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Since vd8 come out I been using everyday,and no problems the all,sound super,so for me its super stable,using timecode vinyls serato,rmx hercules all mapping perfect,videos perfects on HD so I dont know what else can say....

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:56 am
Completed 3 live karaoke gigs, 4 hrs each and the only issue I've had was last night on my closing regular audio song it just shut off. Didn't shut down or crash, the file just stopped playing and reset to the beginning. Other then that no problems with anything.

Using MPB 13" i7, 8gb ram with RMX controller.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 9:09 pm
I have completely done two gigs with Virtual DJ 8 and ddj SX. The first was a wedding of about 150 people and it went well except for the fact that there was high cpu usage and the music was breaking at some point especially when I was mixing three videos at the same time. The second was a national day celebration with about 800 persons and I did not notice a major problem. I mixed for about 8 hours and the only thing I noticed which was not really a problem to me is that music or video files that has never been played in VDJ8 could not be found through the search option. Also some CDs could not be read by VDJ8 and I have to rip them first before using them in VDJ8.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 7:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)