Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Computer:
MacBook Pro - Mid 2012 Model
2.6 Ghz Quad Core I7
750 GB Internal HD - 16 GB RAM
Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-SX and Numark NS7II

First let me start by saying all of my drivers from Pioneer and Numark are up to date.
I will admit that some of the things listed may be user error. With that being said here are some major issues that I have had while using VDJ8:

1. Why does the gain go back to "12:00" or 0 db when loading a new track? Is there a way to stop this? When loading new tracks, especially with the iremote, the volume gets louder and louder with each song that is loaded. This happens with or without auto gain enabled.

2. VDJ 8 has frozen several times during live performances, once because I pushed the headphone cue on the NS7II.

3. VDJ 8 actually disappeared from my screen and the music stopped, VDJ8 then came back a few seconds later, the song would start playing again real fast at a really loud volume. This has repeated on both the NS7II and the DDJ-SX

4. When the NS7II is in cue point mode, the lights begging lighting up different colors from the mode that you are actually in.

Keep in mind, each time I have used VDJ 8, the program always starts out working good. It appears that the longer you use the program for a performance, the worst is gets throughout that performance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:04 pm
I am getting the same problems as you are . I am also running using a DDJ-SX . Think I may go back to 7.4 until all the bugs are fixed

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:01 am
@ pumpitup.......What type of Laptop are you using?

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:06 pm
Alienware mx17 r3 Windows 7 64 bit

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@blkpride4u2c
Are you experiencing the above when both units are connected at the same time, or even when only one of them is used ? Is this related to the iRemote application at all, or not ?

The Gain sliders on the skin will go to 12 o'clock position if autoGain setting is set to Auto or Auto+remember (if no different gain value is provided last time you used the same track).
This position indicates that the track will be outputted in 0 db level, and if you hover mouse to that slider, you will see a Tooltip with the applied gain).

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 6:25 pm
@blkpride4u2c
Are you experiencing the above when both units are connected at the same time, or even when only one of them is used ? Is this related to the iRemote application at all, or not ?

djdad - Only one unit connected at any time.

The Gain sliders on the skin will go to 12 o'clock position if autoGain setting is set to Auto or Auto+remember (if no different gain value is provided last time you used the same track).
This position indicates that the track will be outputted in 0 db level, and if you hover mouse to that slider, you will see a Tooltip with the applied gain).

djdad - gain knobs and sliders all set to no on auto gain. When a new song is loaded, the gain in the software goes to the 12:00 position. Is there a way to stop the gains from resetting when a new song is loaded?

These issues happen when Iremote is not connected.

I think I have figured out something about VDJ 8: It does not work well with the MacBook Pro. I have two MacBook Pros. One dual core, one quad core Mid-2012. I have had multiple crashes on both to where the program just closes while playing music.

I have an HP Beats PC also;
Windows 7 64-Bit
2.67 Ghz m480 Processor
750 GB HD
8GB Ram

Program has almost been running flawlessly for a few hours.

What gives?

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 9:29 pm
Guys please help? I have a gig in three days, my laptop crashed a week ago and I just recently purchased Mac. I am new to the macbook world. So this is a problem too. I also just got VDJ 8. I still have 7. I have a 750 gig Tobisha hard drive. When in vdj 8 i go to the volumes tab and my tobisha hd pops up but when i click on it, it does nothing. It says "browsing" but then it stops. In vdj on the same laptop it opens my hard drive. What is my problem, how do i fix it!

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:17 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You got to learn the Mac OS before taking it out to gigs..

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:26 am
@DJJustJackk.....do not use VDJ8 for a live gig. Especially on a Mac. It will crash on you. Use version 7.xx

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:35 am
We have learned as DJ's that a MAC is better........not for VDJ8. Don't believe me, try both. No crashes on windows, multiple crashes and erratic controller behavior on Mac.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)