Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Clipbank missing from VDJ8? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TellyVisuals capturing the VDJ video in the lower left and right panels. When you do this it become resizable. The bottom right is mirrored tiled. Just so happens I have TellyMedia playing the video in the background in this case. Could be anything providing the video but I like to use the best available.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 8:33 am
RE: Since this thread was about cliipbank and I mentioned Essential Media, I was wondering where you came up with 300 dollars since previously EM was 59 dollars.

Essential Visuals has always been free. IMU cost to use yes.

TellyVisuals and TellyMedia have replaced EV and EM. Neither requires a license to use. Both are available for VDJ 7 and 8. TellyVisuals and TellyMedia will be available for visualizations when I can get to it. A lot of work to make plugins work for VDJ8 in some cases. TellyVisuals will be allowed to connect to other SMS providers in addition to IMU. I do ask you make a donation if they are useful for you.

You can download TellyVisuals or TellyMedia here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects

Thank you - I have to admit I am very sketchy about how all this IMU and Essential Media and Telly this and that are and what they do so I may have been probably looking at the wrong things when doing my searches and saw the costs I quoted. Web sites were down for a time and I did a quick search and (not even sure I was on the right site) i saw at first a cost of $300 then a drop down to $250 - probably this Pangolin site for not sure what. I am also not sure what does what other than IMU is a texty thingy and essential Media was a video thingy where I am simply looking to do something like clipbank in V8 before I can shift from V7 and have been frustrated as heck because VJ is really my bread and butter. I did manage to get Tellymedia and Tellyvisuals installed and somewhat working now in V7 but to be truthful I feel it is far more cumbersome than clipbank and Video Text (for now while I am learning capabilities) so it is nothing I could use at a gig until I figure it out more. I really like the Clipbank and Text engine in V7 as it is simple and a no frills tool that simply works. As for V8 - no clue how the Telly Sisters integrates to V8 at all and how to even activate the plugin as the interface is completely foreign from V7 with no "Effects" tab to go to that I can see anywhere - gotta say V8 gets a C- for intuitiveness...
If the Telly plugins work for V8 and can give the functionality of Clipbank and Text, that would be AWESOME!
How do I get Telly to work in V8?
Thanks
Navydiver

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 11:18 pm

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 12:09 am
By George I think I gots it! - Not perfect but it is working on both accounts - both video and text! :-)

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 12:40 am
navydiver, It is best to have these discussions in the TellyMedia, TellyVisuals, thread since you will find more information there and this main thread is for bug reports for VDJ8.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/151671/VirtualDJ_Plugins/TellyMedia__TellyVisuals__etc_.html

You can also email me: donmoir@comcast.net

I do not recommend you move the TellyMedia or TellyVisuals dll's to the visualization folder at this time. I do not recommend using audio only visualizations in the automatic sense either for any effect but that is your choice. At this time, audio only visualizations are always on when the video window is shown. It does not depend on only audio files. It will increasee CPU usage since even when you play a video in VDJ since the audio only visualization will still be on playing in the background and can also cause problems you can read about here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193762/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Release_not_called_for_Visualization_effects_in_some_cases.html?search=tellymedia&page=1

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 7:59 am
Roger that - this then is still a show stopper for using V8 and still a bug and loss of capability from V7 so I will have to stick with V7 for the foreseeable future. If it doesn't work properly I'm afraid it is of little use for my needs. Will wait and check out the Telly threads in the mean time.
Cheers
TMF

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 12:42 am
You can still use TellyMedia for visualizations in VDJ 7 along with random or sequential playback. Use Carousel or Camera at same time or independent if you want. I am looking forward to visualizations one way or the other for VDJ 8, but seems it is just asking for trouble right now.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)