Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Clipbank missing from VDJ8? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djvjwpPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

Where is clipbank gone?
Are you replacing it or returning it to VDJ8?
need it back..

djvjwp

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:25 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
why? video sampler is great.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:43 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There has been numerous requests for the return of clipbank over the last few weeks and the dev team apparently have taken that on board, probably an updated version of the clipbank of old but hopefully linked to the new video sampler, we'll just have to wait and see what we get... can't wait!

@djmila, yep the new video sampler is fantastic, but as of now you can't link it to audio only files, hence why everyone one is asking for the old clipbank to be reinstated, the best solution would be to give the current video sampler a lot more capabilities than it's currently got.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 11:56 am
djvjwpPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I used clipbank for displaying visuals when not playing a video..
If the option is not in VDJ8 then I cannot use it.
Why remove it?
VDJ7 it is so.. disappointed about this. :(

djvjwp

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 1:41 pm
yes I also used clipbank to show visuals and graphic when not playing videoclips :-( IIM very disapponted - can u update to this feature ?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:35 pm
Hi,
I'm eagerly awaiting the Ver 8.0 clipbank. I like playing the old cartoons (looney toon) & extreme sports vids over the top of audio only tracks, since I play music vids about 95% of the time. I hope the dev team also release a Ver 8.0 update for Clipbank Random too, as it plays multiple videos with a set transition time... :-)

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 2:50 am
nikb1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi All

another vote here for the return of clipbank in V8

without this i won't be using the new version at gigs, it's essential for promotional purposes and audio only tracks

It's my first play with the new version this week and the rest looks great

will be eagerly awaiting a scrolling text plugin too !

thanks

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 10:08 am
I definitely need the clipbank or have a way a single video will play whenever there is only a audio file playing. for weddings I use a stock video graphic with " Congratulations Bride & Groom " for the music without video.

This is something I am desperately searching for.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 7:08 pm
No need to search for it.

Essential Media is one of the best play back engines there is for video, cdg, audio, images. and flash swf files. Includes camera and video or image slide show. 48 clips per pak loadable at any time. Unlimited number of videos or images for Carousel (video or image slide show). Hot pick of files added or deleted from Carousel folders. Resize and move around easily. Random, Sequential, or Manual playback.

Installs as EssentialMediaBeta for VDJ7 and VDJ8.

http://sms.pangolin.com/temp/EssentialMediaBetaSetup.zip

For the cost of a few drinks at the bar, you get something that goes way beyond clipbank, and you get someone that will listen and answer your questions with technical know how via email, post, or skype. Essential Media is always growing with new features and not stagnate.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 7:46 pm
TeoTJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
link OFF

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 10:24 am
Please please please bring back the clip bank feature! This is an absolute show stopper for using VDJ8. The other show stopper is being able to superimpose text on top of video for posting a text request number at gigs. Until these are added I cannot move to VDJ8. I use VDJ8 exclusively for VJ purposes so video capabilities are essential. They seemed to have dropped the ball on that aspect - perhaps it is just me and I haven't figured it out yet...

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 10:56 am
sms.pangolin.com had a crash and they are looking into it.

Essential Media will be renamed and put up on a donation basis. That is, if you use it and it makes your show better, you will be able to donate for it's continued development.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 1:31 pm
sms.pangolin.com is back online

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 3:12 pm
and for those who use mac?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 12:47 pm
Hmmmm - pay $300 for the software for something I can do in VDJ7??? Will stick to VDJ7 thank you...

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 2:54 am
Is 300 dollars the upgrade cost for you to VDJ8 ?

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 5:41 am
Hey Don, thanks for the update. I have a few questions.

1. I don't get the gui in 8, but it works in 7.
2. Does this work in the players? It activates in the preview window, but not the main output. If I activate in the master module, it outputs to the main screen.
3. This installed in the video effects module, not the visualization module, so how it does not work for the audio only effect, as in 7. Should we put this in the visualization folder?

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 4:17 pm

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 5:43 pm
Don Moir wrote :
Is 300 dollars the upgrade cost for you to VDJ8 ?

The upgrade from V7 Pro to V8 Pro was free of course - my point is: using IMU and Essential Videos (which apparently now costs $250 xtra) is pointless because the capabilities I need to use (simply to display text over-top music videos and using the clipbank as an auto plugin when playing just audio files is essential for VJ use and already there in V7). I could care less about all the other crap it offers. As much as I like "some" features of V8, I will continue to use V7 at gigs until V8 catches up in capability. Why would I pay extra for that? It's like paying way more to upgrade my truch for a smaller engine and no 4WD when I had that with my late model truck. VDJ at first glance is going the way of microsoft and apple these days - giving products to the masses with huge changes that are non intuitive and generally not what we need or have grown accustomed to. Then you have to pay extra to regain the capability you had in the first place. Doh!
Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing to embrace at the cost of loss in reliability and trust (that it won't crash or embarrass you at a large event) All I ask is for the product to provide the goods we need to earn our keep. V8 is almost there but I wait patiently until it gains my trust and satisfaction to make the switch....

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 1:30 am
Since this thread was about cliipbank and I mentioned Essential Media, I was wondering where you came up with 300 dollars since previously EM was 59 dollars.

Essential Visuals has always been free. IMU cost to use yes.

TellyVisuals and TellyMedia have replaced EV and EM. Neither requires a license to use. Both are available for VDJ 7 and 8. TellyVisuals and TellyMedia will be available for visualizations when I can get to it. A lot of work to make plugins work for VDJ8 in some cases. TellyVisuals will be allowed to connect to other SMS providers in addition to IMU. I do ask you make a donation if they are useful for you.

You can download TellyVisuals or TellyMedia here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 8:18 am
74%