Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sampler reduces my deck volumes while playing music.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

Great job with VDJ8. Love it, it's been working pretty smooth with my VMS 4.1. One slight problem I have encountered recently. When I am playing a track and I put on a sample, the volume for the track that I'm playing dips to a lower level, and when the sample is finished, the track comes back to the normal volume level I was playing at. Maybe I don't have the correct configurations, or a possible bug?

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 8:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try this..
Set the Sampler to the List view, so that you can control the Samples volume. Chose one of them and set its volume to zero.
Then try to repeat what you were doing..play a track on a deck and trigger the "silent" sample.
Do you still get the drop down in the volume for the deck ?

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 9:37 pm
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have the Problem when crossfader is in the middle Sampler is louder as when crossfader is R or L with VMS2

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 1:46 am
is the sample you are playing triggering the limiter ?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 6:43 am
The sample is probably too loud and the limiter kicks in. Edit the sample in the sample manager and set the gain lower and save it.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 7:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
metrix wrote :
i have the Problem when crossfader is in the middle Sampler is louder as when crossfader is R or L with VMS2

Yes, this is the expected behavior, as the default output of the Sampler is ALL decks. So in a way, you have Sampler going out from all of your channel mixers, and if you have the crossfader in the middle and all channel faders up, it will sound louder.
If you trigger Samples from a specific deck (e.g. the left one), you can choose to have the Sampler Output only from that deck or even route Sampler to one of the 4 available channels of the VMS4 , by changing that from the Sampler Outputs Options

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 9:53 am
djdad wrote :
metrix wrote :

Yes, this is the expected behavior, as the default output of the Sampler is ALL decks. So in a way, you have Sampler going out from all of your channel mixers, and if you have the crossfader in the middle and all channel faders up, it will sound louder.
If you trigger Samples from a specific deck (e.g. the left one), you can choose to have the Sampler Output only from that deck or even route Sampler to one of the 4 available channels of the VMS4 , by changing that from the Sampler Outputs Options

I turned down the gain of the samples using the sample editor. I also switched the settings to have the samples triggered by deck. However when I trigger the samples, the deck gain still dips. Of course, if I trigger deck 2 sample, while a track is playing on deck 1, the gain doesn't dip. I also triggered the 'silent' sample, and that didn't have any effect on the deck gain.

Maybe I should adjust the sample gain in the sample editor some more? or re-record my samples?

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:13 pm
Is the limiter flashing when the gain dips?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 5:55 am
Yep, agree with Groovin here. Sounds like you are clipping the limiter.

Try turning the gain down some more.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)