Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7fx (NOT NS72) suddenly looses right audio but works perfectly with 7.4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

this is the second time it happened. using alienware i7 8 gigs ram. windows. with the first version of ns7. it worked for about 2 hours using latest version of vdj 8 then would just cut off right audio rendering right deck useless. platter still response and wave form still moves but audio is gone.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:49 pm
there have been three updates / patches since i first reported it.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:16 am
I had this exact issue with my RMX. I had to go to into the configuration and reconfigure the settings for the external mixer. At first I had to just make the master output on channel 1 & 2 as opposed to setting decks 1 and decks 2 separately. Then one of the last couple of updates fixed it so I could do the decks independent. I haven't had an issue until the other night when I had the software crash when mixing videos. After the auto re-open, I had the same problem. A manual shutdown/reboot and reconfiguration of the mixer set it working properly again.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:56 pm
gimmo wrote :
this is the second time it happened. using alienware i7 8 gigs ram. windows. with the first version of ns7. it worked for about 2 hours using latest version of vdj 8 then would just cut off right audio rendering right deck useless. platter still response and wave form still moves but audio is gone.

yeah i have the same issue with hercules rmx 2 i have to restart the software for the right channel to start working again.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 9:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, this is happening after playing for several hours, or is there something that you can force to do ?
Have you noticed if the software silently crashed and relaunched immediately ?
Please try to goto Config->audio Setup and hit APPLY again next time this happens, and see if that helps.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:38 pm
last time it happened while I was pre-listening and there's a track loaded on the left side. i would hear a pop (clipping sound in the headphone) and bam. no audio on the right deck. But before that my right audio just completely dropped (again with a pop clicking sound) then right audio is gone. fact is i'm running solid and stable with 7.4.1 8 hours at a time so this is definitely an issue that needs to be address. there have been 4 updates since. I'm sure i'm not the only one having this issue.. it's hard to go back to 7.4.1 when you've had a taste of vdj 8 hahhaah.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 11:33 am
djdad wrote :
So, this is happening after playing for several hours, or is there something that you can force to do ?
Have you noticed if the software silently crashed and relaunched immediately ?
Please try to goto Config->audio Setup and hit APPLY again next time this happens, and see if that helps.

Hello Djdad

It did run fine all night with my mixtrack pro 2 , it seems to be an issue specifically with ns7. the thing is after i lost audio on the right deck, it did not crash or restart. thanks

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)