Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Quick Layout Change (2 deck, 4 deck ,6 deck) Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lol i'm not sure if the makers intended it to be like this. i was testing the 6 deck layout from the drop-down menu on the top left. i loaded a song onto each of the six deck. then when i went back to two decks, i figured the music would stop from all decks, save for deck 1&2. the music keeps playing and to stop it you have to go to the top left menu again and go back to the six deck configuration and manually press stop on deck that was hidden.

also when you switch back to the two deck format, the two decks displayed are the last two respective decks you had selected. say you had deck 3 and 5 selected and you go back to the two deck layout, the two decks displayed will be deck 3 and 5. i thought it would be decks 1 and 2 and all the other decks would disappear.

problem arises when switching from 6 deck to 2& 4 deck layout. also when switching from 4 decks to 2 decks layout.

i tried making shortcuts for deck 3 and i've never been good at scripting. i couldn't get the shortcut to "select deck 3 & stop" or anything that would involve anything more than left deck or right deck .

Solution: when going from 6 decks to 4 decks or 4 decks to 2 decks or 6 decks to 2 decks, wipe away the data from the decks no longer visible.

im new here and im probably trying to help too much but i love to help. any guidelines on how to report bugs/issues better let me know, im trying my best.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 1:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You may have a controller connected that is controlling decks 3 to 6, or you could have mapped keyboard shortcuts to do this, or custom buttons on the skin.
So it is not necessarily so that when you switch to a 2-deck skin you no longer want decks 3 to 6, which is why they don't stop playing.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:03 am
i dont understand what youre saying. i dont have a controller besides my pc-keyboard. and i couldnt get any of the mapping to work like i mentioned.

i brought it up because it doesnt operate like virtual dj 7 where going from 4 decks to 2 decks reset everything except the two primary decks (1 and 2)

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 4:21 am
He's not saying that you have a controller, he's saying that someone might have one.

I think it's safer to have the decks continue playing (controller or not). In professional use at an event, the DJ wouldn't not want the music to stop.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:50 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
The music should not stop... What is displayed and what the program is doing are two different things. If you are downloading files using your browser and you open up a different application in front of it (or minimize your browser), it still continues to download right?

Switching from 2, 4, 6 decks is a display feature, not a functionality feature.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Music doesnt stop if you switch from 2 to 6 Decks skin or any other order. In your original post you mentioned a displaying issue and not a sound issue, correct ?
Btw, what is your Audio Setup ? With Master and Headphones, you shouldnt have any issues, but with an External Mixer (deck 1, deck 2..etc) audio Setup, you may experience that...not sure though

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:56 am
djras8Home userMember since 2012
i downloaded the virtualdj 8 pro and when i open it my crossfader is disables my channel levels are down but whn i play a song it plays can some one please help me

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 12:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)