Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pioneer DDJ-SZ support is a nightmare and going from bad to worse on V8. (On 7.4 it works fine) Yesterday I installed the firmware upgrade from Pioneer. At the same time also an update from V8. The only good thing is, that the autogain works fine now. for the rest NO CROSFADER anymore (ok we don't need him, but if you want to mix video you need the Fake mixer funtion). NO light indications anymore on the nice colored pads. NO visual animation on the jogwheels ! ROL and SLICER funtions are so bad you don't even want to use it. And a lot more malfunctions or no function at all. Please FIX it because I'm A BIG fan of the new V8.
My config PC I7 / windows 8.1/ 8G ram / 1T SSD from Samsug and a nice DDJ-SZ.
Greetings from Belgium

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
If you upgrade the Firmware i would think Pioneer changes something in the MIDI part. I think someone will have a look about it soon.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 3:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I just updated firmware here from 1.12 to 1.15. Everything seems to work fine except the known issue of the ring Leds.
and reading the changelog, it seems that they have only improved the scratch performance.
For those who update, note that the firmware update changes again the jog MIDI Interval to a very low value. I would still advise not to go that low, especially if your crossfader is laggy. Read the manual of the software (UTILITIES) on how to set it to higher value (6-8ms would be a safe value)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:16 pm
Thanks for the feedback.
Now I have found what the problem was.
On the Controller config, the mapping of my DDJ-SZ was messed up! Still don't know why!
But I've put it back to Factory Default and erverything is working fine now.
But please make the ring leds on the jogwheels working because it's very confusing.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Ring works now with builds ending at .671 or later. Please leave the software running for a few minutes, so that it gets silently updated and launch again

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 9:39 am
Ok thanks guys.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)