Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: FX functions for Numark Mixtrack Pro II

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

D0D372PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Just wee one and wondering if anyone else has noticed using a Numark Mixtrak Pro II and the FX functions!

1. When in Minimal and Normal mode, when trying to operate the 2 and 3 pad allocated FX it doesn't change as it does in VDJ 7
2. When in Extended Mode you can allocate the FX to the 3 pads but when you activate pad 2 and 3 they don't work including the
Peramitor buttons.
Someone did mention they are having the same problem with the SDDJ SB.
Question is this a VDJ 8 or Numark issue or
even if possible a fix I could do myself.

p.s. Please don't say I will have to reaction those buttons.........all that part of these program's goes right above my hard 😃

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:09 am
That was ment to say "Head" mr forum moderator not "Hard".....Sorry!!!

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed the approach for the effects is a bit different in version 8, and maybe we should consider changing the actions for the specific section. What happens with version 8, and which i believe its doing the right thing, is that when you select to trigger an effect slot, it shouldnt change the 1st one as version 7 was doing.

Since the device has labeled FX slots (1 to 3), you will of course need to have the Extended Effects Panel open in order to see all 3 effect slots and not just the first one. The question is how will the knobs above the buttons will work.

the most common sense says that each one of them should control the 1st parameter of each slot, but there is no easy way to control the 2nd one (not any available knobs to do that).

Anyways, i am open to suggestions, and will come up with something in the meantime.

EDIT. With builds ending at .669 or higher the encoders will work like this..
Each one of the FX1, FX2,FX3 will control the 1st parameter of each slot, and combined with SHIFT, they will select the effect for the corresponding slot.
This applies to Mixtrack II, Mixtrack Pro II and Mixtrack Quad

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:28 am
Thanks for the response DjDad

Yep I liked the way the FX worked in 7 where as each time you pressed the pad for one of the 3 allocated FX it would automatically change in the small letter box and you could use the first two knobs above pad 1&2 to control the volume and delay perameters even with each different allocated FX pad.
Its not the case in 8 and even when you switch to extended window for FX the allocation works but the Perameter knobs don't!
Just a small thing!
Apart from that a great New Build from the Guys and I am really enjoying using it!

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:46 am
Was wondering if it would be possible to identify the script for the FX mapping from Numark for 7 and incorporating it into the script for 8?
If so any pointers on how I could do this myself (totally not script savvy in a big way) as not to bother you lads with trivial points.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you activate the effect slots individually, then yes, there could be a way for all 3 Parameters knobs to control the 3 PRMs of the triggered effect, but i dont think that there is a way to get the ver7 behavior, meaning having 3 effect slots but see the selected effect on slot 1.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:58 am
Thank you Sir, I will endeavour with the way it has been made.
Maybe try and make a work around through mapping myself.
If I come up with anything I will keep the forum updated.

Cheers again great new software. Keep up the good work. I for one appreciate it!

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)