Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Volumes start at maximum

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I connected my NS-6 and I noticed that if the volumes are down at 0 and I open vdj8 my volumes on the software are at max. I have to bring up the volumes on the NS-6 to become active with the software?? It wasn't like this before. Dangerous volume level if I forget to bring up and then down faders when starting a song at the beginning. Good thing I wasn't at my club gig

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
a simple action in the oninit, will help you:

deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0% & deck 3 volume 0% & deck 4 volume 0%

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:12 am
Yes, the above solution will work best for you.

This happens because not all midi controllers send there fader position to Virtual DJ on startup. So what we call a soft-pickup is implemented so your hardware faders need to be matched with the software faders before they will work. This is probably the same for your EQ faders etc also.

But RobRoy's answer should do what you need.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:12 am
All I'm saying is that it worked fine with VDJ7 since I bought the NS-6 2 years ago. Now it doesn't. VDJ FIX IT, IT'S DANGERIOUS!! I don't need to hear other reasons.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The NS6 has the capability to send the initial position of the faders though. Will take a look.

Btw, if you use a 4 deck skin, is it still the same case ? Also do you have any other MIDI devices connected when using the NS6 ?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:53 am
Virtualdj 7 also came up with the volumes on max for me (paired with a Hercules RMX controller), so for me, this is nothing new. This was the case both under Windows, and MAC.

In Virtualdj 7, I had the "oninit" commands to drop them to 0% at the bottom of my custom skin (xml file), and that worked perfectly.

When I switched to VirtualDJ 8, I tried adding it to the bottom of the skin (xml file) and it would not work. Then I found out about the "oninit" command in the keyboard mapper and it works perfectly in there. I like it better in the keyboard mapper since that makes it much easier to do without even having to know xml or how to edit skins. Good improvement.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 11:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)