Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MXR 19

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when you start up VDJ 8 you have to touch individual controls to enable VDJ8 recognise them. for example Treble on mixer is set a quarter of a turn VDJ 8 is showing it centered. This apply s to all controls

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
That was the case with version 7 , no ?
If not mistaken, the unit doesnt offer a way to "read" the initial positions of the faders, so the software doesnt know that, unless you move a fader.

Some more info..
Version 8 now uses the soft-takeover mode by default, which means that it waits for the actual fader to reach the position of the software fader before start working again., and you will see on the screen a "ghost" fader indicating the position of the actual slider (if moved)
If you need to have the old way back, you can set the setting ControllerTakeOverMode to Instant or Gradual if you prefer.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:42 pm
Thank you DJdad. I can see the benefits of what you said. Something I just discovered about the MXR 19 When switched to Mixer mode and back, VDJ 8 reports that sound card could not be found in either mode , took ages to sort the problem even restarting Laptop didn't solve the issue. Had to turn Mixer off unplug it from Laptop and mains. Support page for American Audio is poor.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think that the Mode can be changed only if you power off the unit first. so you cant do that on the fly. Read the manual of the unit. VirtualDJ needs to be closed, power off the unit and power it on while the Controller Mode button is held..... these are from memory, so not entirely sure.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:07 pm
Yea your correct. there is an issue with the MXR19 all be it this one how wont be using it in mixing mode.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)