Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: EKS OTUS controller - pitch problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My EKS OTUS controller has touch-sensitive relative pitch slider. Switching between the decks with Otus ACTIVEDECK button randomly moves pitch faders in the skin up or down.

Here is the video: http://www.ludekbudin.cz/files/pitch.mp4

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Otus was initially mapped in version 6, and we had no unit to make any changes and verify that they work, so we left the same old mapper.
From what i see, the unit is a single-deck device but the way it selects the active deck , may not be the appropriate.
Just out of curiosity, before i make any changes in the files, if you use the ACTIVEDECK button, you still control the same deck , right ? so its there only to choose which deck you have on your headphones ?

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:53 pm
djdad wrote :
... so we left the same old mapper. From what i see, the unit is a single-deck device but the way it selects the active deck , may not be the appropriate.

In my VDJ 7 it works correctly.

djdad wrote :
Just out of curiosity, before i make any changes in the files, if you use the ACTIVEDECK button, you still control the same deck , right ? so its there only to choose which deck you have on your headphones ?

ACTIVEDECK button switch between deck A or deck B, which one is at this time controlled. I still can switch the headphones in the skin with the mouse, but do not use it because I have an external mixer with EKS ASIO Sound card: Deck 1 - channel 1&2, Deck 2 - channel 3&4, sampler - channel 5&6

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Surprised by your answer, because normally it shouldnt be that way, at least judging from the mapping files... so, if you press the ACTIVEDECK button on the OTUS, you can scratch either deck 1 or deck 2 ?? and that is with the default mapper or have changed the action of the button ?

PS. i ve sent u a pm.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:17 pm
I have changed the mapper, but action for ACTIVEDECK button is still the same: up ? deck 1 select : deck 2 select
EKS Otus is "dual layer" controller ( http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=64 ) . You need only one controller for both decks and switch button for select one active deck (deck 1 or deck 2) in the skin.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)