Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-ergo-V problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there! ;)

I'm having some truble with DDJ-ergo-V and V8. The auto detect funktion fails when you connect the controller and have Virtual DJ 8 open..atleast it does with me.:-)

Anyone else having simelar issues? i hope it isn't something that wrong my controller..

Othervise..great work with V8..sofar im loving the sound engine and the flow of the software..

Thanks in advantage

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, when VirtualDJ is opened, and you connect the Ergo afterwards, you dont get a Window saying "A new device is detected ? Use it ? Yes|No" ?
Are you on windows or Mac ?
If you connect the device prior launching VirtualDj, does it work properly ?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:43 am
djdad wrote :
So, when VirtualDJ is opened, and you connect the Ergo afterwards, you dont get a Window saying "A new device is detected ? Use it ? Yes|No" ?
Are you on windows or Mac ?
If you connect the device prior launching VirtualDj, does it work properly ?

Using windows 8 - no mac here. Yes i get that window saying the device is connected - yet when i press yes the controller does not respond.

Prior it works fine though :-) just wanted to pinpoint a small bug ;)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:47 am
What exactly do you see in Config->COntrollers tab, right after you choose Yes to that detection window ? Could you post a screenshot ?
Also, when the Ergo is conencted back, (and not detected by VirtualDJ), could you please check if the device is properly detected in Device Manager ? (screenshot should help too)

FYI, the Yes/No reply to the detection issue if for the audio part. The MIDI re-connection should be automatic, so if you press No , it will simply continue to use the current audio setup, but the MIDI part should work regardless of the answer.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:28 am
djdad wrote :
What exactly do you see in Config->COntrollers tab, right after you choose Yes to that detection window ? Could you post a screenshot ?
Also, when the Ergo is conencted back, (and not detected by VirtualDJ), could you please check if the device is properly detected in Device Manager ? (screenshot should help too)

FYI, the Yes/No reply to the detection issue if for the audio part. The MIDI re-connection should be automatic, so if you press No , it will simply continue to use the current audio setup, but the MIDI part should work regardless of the answer.

Roger that..i've checked what you said:

The does get detected fine in Device manager it seems :)
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/31045728/file.html - Picture where i connected the ergo after opening V8 and pressing both yes and no..it seems it does no find the soundsettings automatic - rather my pc's soundcard.

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/44756815/file.html - here is how it looks when VDJ is connected before running V8 :)

So it seems that the midi is working fine - but the audio is somehow missing when you do it with V8 open :) Suppose i could just switch the settings - but it should autodetect it ;)

Cheers for the help ;)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:22 am
The expected behavior is the following...

- When VirtualDJ launches it will try to connect with the sound card that you had in the previous session. So, if the Ergo is not connected then most likely, you will get a pop-up warning on the Taskbar, that the sound card is not detected. If you need to use a different one and have sound e.g. from your computer's built-in sound card, you need to create a new Audio Setup or use one of the saved profiles and click to APPLY.
- when VirtualDJ detects a new sound card from a natively supported MIDI controller, it pops up a message and asks you if you want o use this sound card and the pre-defined Audio Setup. If you choose Yes, then you dont have to visit audio Setup and click APPLY.

Please confirm the above.

In some rare cases, with bad ASIO drivers (which i believe is not the case for the ERGO), the ASIO drivers report present even if the device is not connected. In that case, you will not get the pop-up warning on launch about the missing sound card, and of course you wont get any sound from that.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)