Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: numark ns7II --- multiflanger on fx 3 stopped video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
while player A was playing music video i was clicking on FX3 button to change effects (on Numark Ns7 II)
in the moment when it came to multiflanger, my video returned a little back and continued to play .
Couldn't reproduce that again.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What do you mean by multiflanger ? There is a Flanger effect if that is what u mean.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:15 pm
i don't mean i got that inside the effects list

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 5:50 pm
new problem 5 minutes ago after i received message to update to 1806.662
virtual restarted
i have loaded new video to player A and now i tried to change effects on my player B (it was empty -no video no audio)
while i was changing effects using FX2 and FX3 button just to experiment ,my video stopped again in player A and effects disappeared from SLOT 1
and vdj crashed
never seen that before now .

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:07 pm
Sorry, are those some kind of VST plugins (Effects) or have you downloaded from our Website ?

Edit. Just found the DVF Flanger in our Plugin download page. This is an ancient effect, written for version 2 !!!
apparently the issues are due to those effects. Please use the native ones or the ones you will find in our Plugin pages written for version 8 . We cant guarantee for the others, and the authors need to update theire codes to the new SDK.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:15 pm
ok djdad ! i got so many effects and i don't know which to remove
can you just give me the link to original plugin and i will delete others /or there is a list only
thanks a lott

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
I would suggest to completely empty the Plugins/SoundEffect folder, as the native effects of version 8 are implemented in the software (so no .dll files in there by default/clean installation).
For now , there is a just few version 8 effects available to download , but i am sure more will come soon.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
hm,i got vdj 7 on same laptop and i'm using it for now
looks like i need to delete all sound eff.except original ,is there shorter way ? to delete vdj7 and sound effects and instal vdj 7 again
could i have more problems if vdj 8 is here now ? what do you suggest me to do ?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
If you intend to use VirtualDJ 7 with the effects you have already, then so this..
Copy the entire VirtualDj folder (including all the effects you have in there) and copy to the same Documents folder but with a different name (e.g. VirtualDj 7).
then delete the effects from the old one (VirtualDj folder)
If you wish to run version 7 at a gig, just rename the current VirtualDj as VirtualDJ8, rename the VirtualDj7 as VirtualDj and launch version 7.
We understand that this is probably not the solution, so its just a temporary workaround , but we cant do much atm.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:49 pm
hey djdad no need to apologize :)
I have never experienced such rapid support ! Believe me, I have many other vj and dj programs (not want to enumerate them and spit because it was my choice to buy them) but and I'm waiting for support over a month and more !
I am satisfied with the Virtual 7 a lott because it is the only one that never left me during a party and i am working only with videos and visuals all night !
now i'm testing a VDJ 8 because that is just what i want and i have no need to rush :)

sorry for my bad english !

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)